Hope - Scratch-esque Grunge, Chill Vibes -Feedback/Technical/Support Appreciated! F4F

csbr

https://soundcloud.com/csbrproductions/hope

One I had a lot of fun producing, and still enjoy listening to..

Thought I'd share for feedback, advice (any tips anyone has on sound design or how to refine this type of sound!),

and just to share the vibes!

Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes, etc..

Feedback/Support left for anyone adding value!

Nice ambient I like the vibe. For my taste that wobble bass is a bit louder. You should practice leveling and panning sounds. But overall this sounds good. Keep up the good work!

Nice ambient I like the vibe. For my taste that wobble bass is a bit louder. You should practice leveling and panning sounds. But overall this sounds good. Keep up the good work!

You are saying the wobble bass is TOO loud correct? Just a clarification! Good to know. And panning is something I know I definitely need to start working on... Listening to your track again on monitoring headphones and glad I did, love the touch you added with the panning. And everything sounds way cleaner.

Thanks for the feedback!

I like how creative it is but I feel like this track was trying to do a little bit much, I personal would suggest using only a FEW real nice sounds and just perfecting them!

I like how creative it is but I feel like this track was trying to do a little bit much, I personal would suggest using only a FEW real nice sounds and just perfecting them!

I very much appreciate the feedback! But this is news to me! There may be one key-like instrument I could probably remove and leave the other elements, but was there anything in particular that stuck out that you feel didn't belong? The entire project file only had 7 elements in it to begin with!

But I hear you on perfecting the sounds.. still learning how to make sounds thicker and fuller and more refined.. I would LOVE any tips or insight on how to create lush soundscapes and/or background elements.

Thanks for the feedback and input!

i like the general vibe and the mix, but I think the wobble bass sounds kinda harsh and dated. The piano and synth parts are nice, but there's something about that wobble that just rubs me the wrong way lol. It might fit better if you applied some heavy EQ on it.

Stand Up was really dope btw!

Yea that wobble actually sounded terrible to me when I first heard it.. Then it started sounding great after I started playing in notes, and found that melody for it.. Sounded very easy to dance to to me. (I like dancing..) Then I didn't like the song, and then it grew on me and I found myself dancing to it while I was making it.. BUT I've learned since, or perhaps before and didn't think about it. That your hearing can actually ALTER a sound to make it more pleasant to your ears after a time. It does it's own kind of EQ, or adds/subtracts to it, to make it more pleasant. Adapting to it. This is probably what happened to me, as the sound, which was originally harsh, now sounds very pleasant and smooth to me.. As if the bass is someone shaking sheet metal (in a very quick and rhythmic patterns mind you! I picture in circles somehow haha).

Thank you VERY much for your feedback, up until this point I have done very minimal EQ and processing on any of my songs. But I am slowly learning the benefits and importance of such, especially to make the whole track feel like it is just that, ONE track rather than a bunch of things thrown together.

I did see your like on there! Thank you very much for that, your support, and feedback!
Cheers!

Back