Honest and brutal opinion on my vocals [F4F]

In regards to the vocals I really like the way they were mixed into the beat. The cadence really flowed with both tracks. My real concern would be possiblely changing up the flow for a quick bar. Maybe to like a trap type flow to add a bit variation. Nonetheless they were both well put together

both tracks sound really good, the mix is perfect and the sound of the vocals fits the beats well.
the only thing i'd change is the flow/groove of the vocals. as it is they're just kinda boring. it needs something memorable.
i turned off the songs just a couple minutes ago & i can't recall how the hooks go.

keep at it man, with a little more variation, you've got something really dope

I like the mix already, but if you want a more perfect sound I would say get an engineer/studio time if you want to make that investment.

Hmm. I'm a very open person in general when it comes to music, so I kind of get the idea of where you are going with the whole project :) I Don't think you need to care what other people think if you like the creative process of things, cause thats really the beauty about 2017. Everybody can make some sick shit.

Now. For the beats. I like "Everybody loves you" the most, because the kicks are more punchy, and the hi hats are not too squeaky in the high end Hz. Also the snare in "Everybody loves me" is pretty dope. The melodys are cool, different.
I would maybe get a bit more bass in those 808's, but in general its pretty cool. As for the vocals: Not the type of shit I would listen to on a daily, but its a different vibe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the type of vocals on trap beats like these, are something that I'm starting to hear more of. I'm a producer so I'm sort of a hypebeast when it comes to different styles and genre (especially in hip hop), cause I want to know whats in on the market.
But fuck. Back to topic. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm maybe more fund of it, because I have heard it elsewhere, and see where it is going. Distorted, emo, trap, punk. Its cool.

I listen "Everybody Loves You", it's a good product man but the only thing I would like to change is the flow, I would love it more crazy! The mix seems pretty good, maybe you need more kick.

Pretty cool vocals. Not sure im a fan of the 2000's Linkin Park type effects but I can understand the vibe you're going for. I'm sure there's a niche market that would love these tracks because they're really well put together. The vocals could use some more dynamics imo. The artist could also use some vocal training if they're looking to actually sing during the song, either that or autotune

Pretty cool vocals. Not sure im a fan of the 2000's Linkin Park type effects but I can understand the vibe you're going for. I'm sure there's a niche market that would love these tracks because they're really well put together. The vocals could use some more dynamics imo. The artist could also use some vocal training if they're looking to actually sing during the song, either that or autotune
Were the vocals off-pitch?

They weren't off pitch I just think that the song would benefit from vocals with more of a range to them. Based on the songs it sounds like the vocalist may not be able to achieve a larger range so that's why I suggested vocal training or autotune. Maybe its a stylistic choice and im way off point tho.

They weren't off pitch I just think that the song would benefit from vocals with more of a range to them. Based on the songs it sounds like the vocalist may not be able to achieve a larger range so that's why I suggested vocal training or autotune. Maybe its a stylistic choice and im way off point tho.
Check out the other three songs on the EP - I think they have more range (not sure if you'd agree, though) From the Water by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud. And thanks a lot for the feedback - I appreciate it a lot

Well I think the vocals sound good and are mixed well I can hear them very clearly only thing I would say is maybe switch up your flow a lil on some verses or the hook, to add some variation and to make a certain point in the track stand out if you get what I mean but overall dope songs.

Great vocals. I think they fit really well to the specific moods of the songs. i'd try experimenting a bit more with additional vocal layers with fx on them/different pitches but thats just personal preference tbh. Hit me up if you wanna work together :)

Last edited:
The beat bangs man for sure. I dig the vocals too interesting. Sounds like a blend of like Emo or Marilyn manson x a ima boss trap beat. Mix sounds great too

Sick voice man, dope beats, freshness...though I see a bit more variation in both tracks like, try to speed up in some of the parts...

Back