Hero of a Dying World (I'll return feedback)

switch-man

Notitle - Clyp

Any feedback on the mixing and mastering of this track? It's my best mix so far I believe. I got it loud and clear, I think. Anything you guys with fresh ears hear that may need improving?

I'm at work right now on my break and I uploaded the version I had on my phone. It may be the previous version, so this one may or may not have any issue with over compression. Let me know if it does. The issue I was only able to spot on my TV's speakers was that the verses' melody kept lowering in volume.

I'm pretty sure I fixed that though but I don't know if that's the version I uploaded...

Feels like an intro to a movie or a game, definitely a soundtrack kind of vibe. I would definitely say you should consider panning your instruments and delay effects, because everything seems to be in mono. It will give your track that extra dimension it needs to make it feel a bit more immersive. Everything sounds crisp in terms of mixing, but maybe the volumes or EQs of certain instruments could be changed to make some things sit in the background as opposed to everything in your face at once. I believe panning will help with this.

I like this track though, keep up the good work

I get retro vibes from this it has a very old school retro electronic sound I can hear this on a film or in a video game, you've deffo got the mastering on point its very loud but imo the mix needs some lil tweaks theres a few masking issues some of the louder synth sounds overpower the others the kick drum could also hit a lil harder and I agree with "holes" about it sounding mono try panning some sounds out wider to create a nice wide stereo mix.

Check out my latest.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rnative-hip-hop-trap-f4f-549034/#post50100856

Back