Hard Trap Beat | *Eclipse* | Feed4Feed

Mr.nRage

Gude,

after some time of creators block (and a little addiction to tekken 7) i finally managed to finish a new beat. What are your thoughts about it? Hows the mix itself? What could be done different? Drop your links and i will return the favor!
Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
This beat is straight fire. Everything is mixed well. Arrangement keeps things interesting and instruments are on point. I also love the orchestral instruments mixed with the trap drums & 808. I have no critiques whatsoever. Good job man.

This beat is straight fire. Everything is mixed well. Arrangement keeps things interesting and instruments are on point. I also love the orchestral instruments mixed with the trap drums & 808. I have no critiques whatsoever. Good job man.

Thanks a lot man! I really appreciate it!

Damn, that's solid. I like the variety of cymbals you've used. Pretty good blend of synthetic and acoustic sounds. I feel that the strings (around 1:20) could be a bit thinner to blend better. Mix sounds good. Nice one!

Yo this is nice.

As as far as the mix goes it sounds really clean. The drums sound really nice on this.

As far as constructive criticism goes I don’t really have much too add. The piano and strings sample maybe sounds a little dated? I don’t know man.. that’s really the only thing thing I have to add on this.

Overall I think it’s dope. Nice work.

I love the guitar! The brass has a real nice touch too - 808 goes ham as well.
Really really good - you need to get this to a rapper.

I subscribed :) Please do the same and check out my latest stuff:
YouTube

Damn, that's solid. I like the variety of cymbals you've used. Pretty good blend of synthetic and acoustic sounds. I feel that the strings (around 1:20) could be a bit thinner to blend better. Mix sounds good. Nice one!
Thanks man!
Yo this is nice.

As as far as the mix goes it sounds really clean. The drums sound really nice on this.

As far as constructive criticism goes I don’t really have much too add. The piano and strings sample maybe sounds a little dated? I don’t know man.. that’s really the only thing thing I have to add on this.

Overall I think it’s dope. Nice work.
Thanks for the feedback! The piano / strings are not sampled, but i guess i get what you mean. Its not a typical modern trap beat, more like 3 - 4 years ago, so you're right about that one.
I love the guitar! The brass has a real nice touch too - 808 goes ham as well.
Really really good - you need to get this to a rapper.

I subscribed :) Please do the same and check out my latest stuff:
YouTube
Thanks a lot man, i sure will!

Pretty unique choice of instruments to put together. It is nice to be brave in this terms but this beat lacks some unity. It sounds like strings and brasses are separate from main typical trap beat part that consists of piano and 808 alongside with drums. Acoustic guitar itself sounds very poor and midi I'd change it to something else. Or at least try some EQ and reverb on it so it will blend in more smoothly and sound less thin and vague. IDK why exactly but these long brass notes don't work with this arrangement. Maybe they are too epic and fat for main mood of the track that is kinda calm and melancholic. And brasses belong in like some aria. Either you make some transition in between when your piano will get more strong and dramatic or you just change brasses to something less powerfull, maybe not a brass band but solo brasses or something other than that. But it is just my vision and you are the master.
Best thing about this track is simple yet soulfull piano it is kinda sad but not pitiful. To me the strings and brasses part makes the overall mood too pessimistic. Maybe you can make subtle changes to the chords so they would sound more hopeful and courageous.
Mixing is tight, drums are nice. Maybe just verb on brasses is little off because they sound like they are in a giant hall but the rest is like in much smaller space.

Last edited:
Pretty unique choice of instruments to put together. It is nice to be brave in this terms but this beat lacks some unity. It sounds like strings and brasses are separate from main typical trap beat part that consists of piano and 808 alongside with drums. Acoustic guitar itself sounds very poor and midi I'd change it to something else. Or at least try some EQ and reverb on it so it will blend in more smoothly and sound less thin and vague. IDK why exactly but these long brass notes don't work with this arrangement. Maybe they are too epic and fat for main mood of the track that is kinda calm and melancholic. And brasses belong in like some aria. Either you make some transition in between when your piano will get more strong and dramatic or you just change brasses to something less powerfull, maybe not a brass band but solo brasses or something other than that. But it is just my vision and you are the master.
Best thing about this track is simple yet soulfull piano it is kinda sad but not pitiful. To me the strings and brasses part makes the overall mood too pessimistic. Maybe you can make subtle changes to the chords so they would sound more hopeful and courageous.
Mixing is tight, drums are nice. Maybe just verb on brasses is little off because they sound like they are in a giant hall but the rest is like in much smaller space.
Thanks a lot for your extended feedback and opinion, i really appreciate it!

This is dope sounds very motivating and epic I see Tekken 7 helped inspire the beat I can hear this being played in a fight scene. I think you did a great job on the sound selection the sounds all sound super dope and blend well with each other to create the epic vibe. this kinda gives me Two Steps From Hell vibes overall really nice work.
Thank you, never thought about it might being inspired by Tekken 7! You're probably right about that one, hehe.

Back