Hard Sampled Hip-hop Beat (F4)

It feels like its missing something maybe some extra rhythmic elements or something.. i like the chord progression though! And the sound design is pretty unique.. I think it might be too slow for eminem personally.. but then again he does change his style alot.. keep up the good work man.. Could you return some feedback on mine? Peace! M a k i n g L o f i [EPISODE 2!]

It feels like its missing something maybe some extra rhythmic elements or something.. i like the chord progression though! And the sound design is pretty unique.. I think it might be too slow for eminem personally.. but then again he does change his style alot.. keep up the good work man.. Could you return some feedback on mine? Peace! M a k i n g L o f i [EPISODE 2!]

For sure man, thanks for the feedback! Dropped you some feedback!

For an eminem type beat, I feel like this just doesn't have the right energy or something to be branded as that, but regardless, I still like what's going on here. Diggin the muffled sample sound, gives the beat a bit of dark atmosphere that's dope, but I do agree with post above that the beat does seem to have a bit too much open space, always felt like another instrument could come in to fill up some more space, specifically the higher end.
One thing I didn't really dig was the shakers/hats. They sound way too crisp to me. Usually that's something you'd probably want, but I think it classes a bit too much with how muffled the sample is and it makes the shakers/hats stand out way more than I'd like, they just have too much shine and sound disjointed from the rest of the beat.
The structure is here, but imo the beat sounds a little unfinished to me; it's a dope structure, but needs some completion.

Hit me back with some feed:
Sad LoFi beat set to some anime footage

Back