Game on Ice - Feedback?

thnx for the feedback.

This track has a 80s feel to it which is cool. sounds a bit lo fi but that might be what youre goin for.
percussion fits well tho. Good work

was just wondering what u meant when u said my track sounds tinny. Like metallic? and u said take some of the reverb out?

yo, about underground hiphop, i think its production work man, if you had raised a little bit of high frequency and the beat(low frequecy) it would have been great!. please give me feedback on this - soundcloud.com/esines-1/weak-times-prod-by-ill-jb

To be honest, sounds like the rapper is trying too hard to sound like Eminem (even references to Rap God). I reckon it's all about being original and expressing yourself. It sounds like english is the rappers second language, so why not drop some of his native tongue in there or even do a whole verse in that language. As for the beat, it was good. Maybe put some pauses in it, there's a lot going on it with the piano riff and hi-hats.

Beat itself reminds me of a 80's - 90's era underground track. It's good for that time, but I think it's not too popular for people in our current generation. The vocals could have been mixed in much better than they are in this mix. I actually don't think the rap itself is bad, they have good verses and a decent flow, they just need to work on their presentation in articulating the verses. It's a nice track for the most part, the rapping keeps it from being repetitive. Keep it up homie! For your next tracks, I would work on making it more modern. I would also work on mixing the vocals in better. And I would work on adding some variation throughout the track.

Here's my thread. Let me know what you think!

Back