[FrozenjaZz] Back after a long time! "In your head", feedback welcome... and returned

frozenjazz

[FrozenjaZz] Back after a long time! "In your head", feedback welcome... and returned

Hi guys,
I am back after a long time, I did not quit producing, but was working on private projects.

As usual, I am not sure which style my beats fit in... oh well, I just produce stuff I enjoy :)

I would be happy to have some feedback on "In your head", but you're welcome to listen to the other ones if you feel like it. Send me links so I can listen to some fresh stuff and give feedback. I am not the right person to make nice reviews of TRAP or EDM, though.... :)

FrozenjaZz player => In your head

- Overall i feel the mix can be improved -- it isn't clean enough (im not sure how you could make it cleaner)

Thanks for your input! I checked and commented your beats... wow, your mixes are sooo clean I now understand what you mean.
That being said, I don't really know how to improve this, but I'll try :)

I like this. Sounds a little synthy for my personal taste but everything fits in real nice and I was bobbing my head for sure. You have some nice percussion and effects running through the track which impressed me.

Overall, I feel like this one is ok. There's nothing particularly bad about it, it's just kinda linear for my tastes. I like the main melody you have going through it, I'm not to found of the snare. Again it's not bad, i've just heard similar ones so often, I get kinda bored with it. I'd also sprinkle some other elements in here and there. They don't have to run all the way throughout the beat, just maybe some chimes hear, a keyboard tickle there, and splash or crash cymbal on the hook...just something to give it some variety.

When you can, check out my latest please! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ream-instrumental-lyrickz-feed-4-feed-506325/

Overall, I feel like this one is ok. There's nothing particularly bad about it, it's just kinda linear for my tastes. I like the main melody you have going through it, I'm not to found of the snare. Again it's not bad, i've just heard similar ones so often, I get kinda bored with it. I'd also sprinkle some other elements in here and there. They don't have to run all the way throughout the beat, just maybe some chimes hear, a keyboard tickle there, and splash or crash cymbal on the hook...just something to give it some variety.

Thanks for your very honest feedback, Lyrickz. I agree, I was not 100% happy with the track, I had the feeling I wanted to add some isntruments, but then it was a bit too crowded somehow. So your suggestions of just adding a few elements here and there is good, I take good note of them :)

Nice job man! Love this groove. If I had to get critical, I'd tell you to turn the bass up on this. But overall, excellent job, keep producing! Also, thanks for checking my stuff out.

Nice job man! Love this groove. If I had to get critical, I'd tell you to turn the bass up on this. But overall, excellent job, keep producing! Also, thanks for checking my stuff out.

Thx! For the bass, I don't know, maybe my mix on this one is not that good, because it was sounding a bit too messy in the low end, so I decided to back it up a little... Also I find my snare is too loud, what would you say?

really dig it man i like the slow driving feel of the drums and the synth elements fit perfect. mix sounds clean to. nice work!

Beats sound great! The drums are well mixed and I enjoyed the instrumentation you used for your beats. In Your Head was a dope, head nodding beat. It has some hard hitting drums with great swing and the synths were a nice melody. Keep it up!

This beat is dope af. The mix sounds clean and professional. I wanna know how you got the drums so crunchy. All the other elements fit in nicely to the arrangement. I especially like that reverse vocal that comes in.

this beat is cool, honestly don't have much to say about it. Doesn't sound like anything special to me but it for sure isn't bad. the vocal you have that comes in is cool, Keep grinding dude good job

This beat is dope af. The mix sounds clean and professional. I wanna know how you got the drums so crunchy. All the other elements fit in nicely to the arrangement. I especially like that reverse vocal that comes in.

Thanks for the nice words! So I just checked for the drums: I used good samples to start, AnnoDomini's... then I stacked them (3 kicks for the kick, 3 snare for the snares), with different ADSR for each sample.
And to finish, some EQ, comp, and a touch of soft saturation (with IGVI, a free Vst I love).

Back