Fresh Track | Boom Bap Chronicle | 90s Hip Hop

Too scrappy mid/high end for my tastes, very top heavy. A lil rebalance and all should be good. the ideas are there.

Last edited:
Feeling the rhythm but the track is too much in the high end overall. Really love the vocal sample tho, you got something great going on.

it's a nice beat man how u put everything together.. good job on that. definitely turn down those his and high mids cuz they're way too harsh, kinda stabbing my eardrums

im was felling the 90s vibe as soon as it started but like what everyone else said the highs are lil much re mix those and you got a solid track keep it up
thanks for the feed

Catchy tune. A little loud, but I'm diggin the vibe. I like the vocals added, and the horn that breaks down on the track sounds really cool and gives it a lot of character. Great job yo.

Hey man

At first I thought my SP had some effect turned on on the ext source haha

the highs are extreme, but i think if you keep working with that it could set your music apart and make it something unique.
Sample chops are good and the whirling sound effect is cool

I gotta call you out on the 90s tho, I think it sounds more like 2090 that 1990 :cool:

Def getting a 90's hip hop vibe with this! Love when the vocal samples drop threw out the track! That's something id like to do more in my tracks. Its dope when those horns come in on that breakdown! Only thing i would suggest is maybe add a little more low end to the track but other than that I love it! Keep it coming with that 90's vibe!

Super dope. Reminds me of something I'd hear on a Gorillaz album. Love everything about this beat from start to finish but as has been said the mix is super top heavy. It almost sounds like there's a filter on everything. That kick doesn't knock and the highs are way too harsh. Other than the mix though, real nice work. Keep it up dude I really like your beats.

agree with everyone about the high end. its dope at first till my ears start bleeding. You can't listen to this at high volume for very long till it hurts, which in this case, isn't good. The idea and bounce of the track is all there and is dope. Good work though

Real nice 90s feel to this one.

I gotta agree with the hi's, they are too high in my opinion and maybe lowering them and equaling them out with lows would be the way forward.
Vocal samples were a nice touch too.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks so much for your feed on my track bro; I'm here to return it!

You got something very cool and a nice throwback joint here man. The samples, chops, and overall sounds are totally 90s and really nostalgic. I do love those horn interludes. Great jazzy lines!

I agree with some of the other feedback - it's a bit heavy on the high frequencies and not enough bass. That will keep people from being able to turn it up loud as it'll sound a bit too harsh at high volumes. But if you're mixing on laptop speakers or headphones it can be hard to make those decisions.

Keep it up, bro! You got talent!

Cheers!

Damn homie this is funky yo! I love those samps!! this thing goes hard and rugged just how I digs it haha. Glad I followed you man I cant wait to hear more!!!

Thanks for the feed!

I like it! Good vibe to it, love the horns, but yeah I agree with everyone in saying it's pretty top heavy. I'd cut some highs and mids and maybe even boost the lows if that's not enough, just doesn't feel like the low end is felt. Pieces are there, I would just tweak the mix.

yes sir i love the saxophone! you got a good idea but the high end is really overcomplimented. Push the mids and lows and it will sound way fuller.

Back