[FREE] Epic Joyner Lucas Type Beat 2018 - Trust N Betrayal F4F

Nice with some elements of the beat I can hear Joyner on this but I think theres a lil too much going on at times, and that takes aways space for the artist to flow and lay vox on the beat I know some artist like space in their beats. I say remove some sounds when the brass comes in because its too loud and overpowers other sounds in the mix and you can barely hear them or created a wider mix so each sounds sits nicely in the beat.

Nice with some elements of the beat I can hear Joyner on this but I think theres a lil too much going on at times, and that takes aways space for the artist to flow and lay vox on the beat I know some artist like space in their beats. I say remove some sounds when the brass comes in because its too loud and overpowers other sounds in the mix and you can barely hear them or created a wider mix so each sounds sits nicely in the beat.

I agree and appreciate the feedback! I agree with the spacing, I became selfish and couldnt compromise during the creation lol, when you say widen, you mean just in the particular ranges like High Mids and HF's right? I normally widen my signal in Ozone, what do you use?

I meant like widen the sounds in the mix so each sound/instrument has their own space to breathe so they don’t clash that can be done with panning, cutting out unwanted frequencies that may clash with other sounds, pushing some sounds back in the mix with reverb or using stereo widening techniques or effects such has Ozone.
I agree and appreciate the feedback! I agree with the spacing, I became selfish and couldnt compromise during the creation lol, when you say widen, you mean just in the particular ranges like High Mids and HF's right? I normally widen my signal in Ozone, what do you use?

I meant like widen the sounds in the mix so each sound/instrument has their own space to breathe so they don’t clash that can be done with panning, cutting out unwanted frequencies that may clash with other sounds, pushing some sounds back in the mix with reverb or using stereo widening techniques or effects such has Ozone.

I get it, I appreciate the feedback!

Diggin the aggressiveness in this man -- really interesting sound. Almost like heavy rock meets synthwave hip hop. Super unique. Only thing I was hoping for was the beat kinda sounds like it's building the entire time but never really drops into like an all-out beat. I was hoping at one point the beat would switch from the half-time vibe into a more standard 1-2-3-4 flow with a fat snare coming in on the 2/4 instead of just the snare/clap that only plays on the 3 the whole time. Would make for some good beat progression too. Don't get me wrong, the track is still super dope and the sound is very intriguing but I would have really liked to have seen an all-out beat break section to really complete the whole track experience

Return the feed:
Made a beat tape where each track samples the SNES game Chrono Trigger

Back