Forming Rap Identity?

XerobX

I'm 18 years old and i like working wit music but im stuck on my identity because I don't know what I wanna do. I don't know if I should be a trap producer or rap over sampled beats which is what i am more comfortable with. I know this is a weird question but I made mixtapes before, but they were not serious mixtapes and I wanna take it a step future in the future and see if I can make a career. I don't know how my sampled style rapper would do in my area since I live about 2 hours away from Atlanta and the trap scene is real down there which makes me think that is a better route. I'm confused. If anybody is interested in hearing my old mix tapes I will leave a link.

eRob - The Struggle Mixtape - Stream & Download

No one likes a poseur no matter what Rap subgenre you are into. If you have no real experience w/Trap life don't immerse yourself in it. Even if you do do not jump in that pool as, depending on your race, there is no such thing as a "real nigga" as those are non-existent and are related to the ignorance of "keeping it real," there was never "real" Hip Hop nor "fake" Hip Hop.

Best way to find your identity is to get to know yourself. I suggest you read "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron

Last edited:
Focus on what attributes you believe qualify you as a great or influential person. Then heighten those attributes to appeal to those who may want/need to sharpen their similar attributes. After that, make incredible music and don't be afraid to experiment. Your identify will formulate.

VISIT MY HOMEPAGE

Back