Flying Lotus type beat..sort of (feed4feed)

Chrisgalactic

I have always been a fan of Flying Lotus and many other hip-hop artist that use more pads and abstract sounding synths in their music. I normally do a lot of sample heavy production but I wanted to explore into the world of Portishead, Flying lotus, an Massive Attack and do something a little more different while still retaining the hip hop format. It obviously didn't work out because it still sounds like a hip hop beat lol enjoy! and drop them links I promise I will get back to you within 24 hours. Thanks in advance!

I agree about the drums but at the same time i like the overall feel of the beat and wouldn't necessary change anything :)
Keep it up :)

Really fresh sound, I agree that the synths are excellent, also like the vocals a lot. The sub sounds very nice as well nicely fitted with the beat.

I think this is ready to be rapped over as is, but if you wanted to release as an instrumental tune I agree with Sorri you could use a bit more variation, maybe some details like cuts as well with a vocal/squelch bass/chiptune or something like that. IMO would take it to the next level.

Dope track though, really digging the sound, keep it coming!

Thanks guys for the feedback! intentionally it was structured to have some sort of artist on it but doing variations is always a good idea regardless so no excuses! thanks guys!

Last edited:
Dope...... great mix. I cant put my finger on it but reminds me of an artist music my pops used to listen to. got that new school 90's vibe. good work man

I like this track dope synth work! And I enjoyed the melody. Only thing imo I feel the drums need some work a lil repetitive and they seem off beat here and there in the sequencer! nice track overall tho, I would of loved a sample on this one lol

heres my new joint all feedback and soundcloud follows returned!

Thanks for your feedback on my beat, really appreciate it!

One kick drum hit sounds pretty delayed to me (at first listen it bugged me like crazy, second time somehow my brain ajusted to the pattern xD).
Apart form the drum pattern, there is nothing I would change. Solid production!

Thanks a lot guys for listening it means a lot to me ! The drums aren't quantized so forgive my off beat playing lol I try to go for more of a real drum feel thanks again guys !

Back