First (somewhat) finished beat ever. Please give me feedback

agorman00

So I've been on and off dedicating weekends here and there for the last 6 months to learn music production. Just when I have free time. I think I finally have something worth getting some critique on.
I have no studio. I don't even have monitors, I made this on some shitty logitech computer speakers. I have very limited music experience, just barely an advanced piano player. So I need genuine critique.
Like, if this is a steaming pile, I need to know. If everything is hella distorted because I don't have monitors and my speakers are shit, I need to know. If there's any sort of improvement I can make, I need to know

Anyways, let it rip:

Last edited:
Like swag was saying needs structure kind of sounds like one long intro. you could do something like put a low pass filter on the bell plucks and automate it open over four bars. and have a mid bass underneath come in with a clap for 4 more bars then drop the hats 808 and kick and thats your chorus. let that go for 8 bars. then drop everything but the kick snare and mid bass. and build it from there.
New Dark Beat (Awake) f4f

The mix need a lot of work...mainly b/c you don't have monitors. Tbh if you wanna make beats for a living save up some cash and invest in a pair asap.

The track is out of balance, the low end is muddy. Arrangement-wise, it's too repetitive you need some harmonies, like legato strings or brass, and some countermelodies too; without those I couldn't tell when the rapper was supposed to spit verse and when the hook was supposed to start tbh. The snares are good but need to hit more often too.

I think you're trying to a trap/young money style beat...I also think you should listen to the type of song that have the type of beats you want to make...listen to them all the time so you can get a feel for the type arrangement and elements more experienced producers use.

Don't get discouraged...it takes time to get good. Keep working and upload your tracks so we can help you out.

Here's a link to my latest track. When yout hear it, I think you'll see me and you were going for a similar style of track. Leave me some feedback: Hard synth beat.

Last edited:
Back