first rap/rock alternative instrumental ive made (f4f) need opinions

I like the idea, I think with changed drums it could already work with a talented MC. However, I feel that it's a type of beat that could turn into a great song when you meet someone in person and you both dig the vibe, while on the internet it may get lost. Regarding the drums, with proper eq you can keep the rock layer there but I think that adding more hip-hop oriented drums can create a nice blend between modern hip-hop sounds and old grunge sound, which I'd love to hear to be honest. Overall, I think you're onto something as long as you can find right vocalist otherwise the beat doesn't stand by itself.

Mycelial Cords - Lemon Haze | Infected Mushroom x J Cole

Last edited:
I agree with the above poster, to really shine this needs some bangin drums. Right now I'm not really hearing any punch. Not sure if you added drums or just took the one from the rock sample (is that nirvana?). I think it's a good sample but to make it a hip hop cross over it needs more than a loop in my opinion. Nice idea though I think you just need to develop it! Check me out to return feed: Hurricane - Pusha T, Schoolboy Q type beat (F4F) - prod. by Jack Muta

yup i agree vocals, will make difference on it. thank u for feedback
I like the idea, I think with changed drums it could already work with a talented MC. However, I feel that it's a type of beat that could turn into a great song when you meet someone in person and you both dig the vibe, while on the internet it may get lost. Regarding the drums, with proper eq you can keep the rock layer there but I think that adding more hip-hop oriented drums can create a nice blend between modern hip-hop sounds and old grunge sound, which I'd love to hear to be honest. Overall, I think you're onto something as long as you can find right vocalist otherwise the beat doesn't stand by itself.

Mycelial Cords - Lemon Haze | Infected Mushroom x J Cole

nope its not nirvana but thank you for feedback
I agree with the above poster, to really shine this needs some bangin drums. Right now I'm not really hearing any punch. Not sure if you added drums or just took the one from the rock sample (is that nirvana?). I think it's a good sample but to make it a hip hop cross over it needs more than a loop in my opinion. Nice idea though I think you just need to develop it! Check me out to return feed: Hurricane - Pusha T, Schoolboy Q type beat (F4F) - prod. by Jack Muta

Nice I like the idea and sample but I agree with the users above to make this a cross over your gonna need to add some dope hip hop drums or if your going for the modern vibe some trap style drums but don't go for the typical trap drum pattern do something more creative, once those drums are added this would sound dope atm it sounds like a rock track.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] NIGHT SKY - Travis Scott x Quavo x The Weeknd Type Beat [F4F]

I was definitely disappointed at the lack of percussion. The thing is, at the end of some of the measures I was expecting a bass and kick drop. It'd be fire with those. Add an 808, a kick, a snare, and some detuned hi hats and this track would be fire. Good idea, but you just need more. Right now, I just hear a guitar and a choir-type sample. Add some percussion and overlying melodies and you'd have yourself gold.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this:
(F4F) Rap, Pop Piano Instrumental | "Never Forgotten"

thanks
I was definitely disappointed at the lack of percussion. The thing is, at the end of some of the measures I was expecting a bass and kick drop. It'd be fire with those. Add an 808, a kick, a snare, and some detuned hi hats and this track would be fire. Good idea, but you just need more. Right now, I just hear a guitar and a choir-type sample. Add some percussion and overlying melodies and you'd have yourself gold.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this:
(F4F) Rap, Pop Piano Instrumental | "Never Forgotten"

Back