First Beat - With using speakers for mixing - Looking for feedback and tips!

svbeats215

Hello,

I'm kinda new to making beats in a sense. Just got some new speakers and a new VST. I made a world of difference in how the final product came out. Any I was looking to get some feedback, advice, and or tips for future beats.

Here is the first one I made, with using speakers and not just headphone for mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/sv_beats/the-triumphant-one

Thanks!!

Cool beat man - I'm curious to know what kind of speakers did you get (make, model, and size)?

The beat has a nice spaced out vibe and is very chill. I like how it has a rocking back and forth quality. I think the little pluck sound seems a bit out of key to me. The chords and melody are very happy and have a "pretty" sound to them but the pluck that comes in over it seems a bit out to me (maybe it's the bitcrush effect which can cause some atonal harmonics, but the notes just sound off to me). I also noticed that the beat doesn't have an abundance of low-end so I was curious about the speakers you have. As you come to know your speakers more you'll no doubt be able to judge the low-end better over time.

But it's got a unique and cool sound!

Great job, keep it up!

Please take a listen to my latest when you have a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ty-south-etc/took-back-semi-lo-fi-f4f-517483/

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for the feed back it was very helpful. I had this one, a little inorganizded and some of it may be space off a little. Im using the behringer ms16. But, didn't get to turn it up for the low end when I was making it

Cool stuff. It has a video gamey feel to it. You should add some cool video game samples to it maybe or do it on your next beat. Samples on these kind of beats are always awesome. Check out a producer named "Sweet Valley". He's got some good stuff I think you would dig

Dope beat. where the beat kicks in you need to carry it longer, it cuts out to short for someone to put lyrics on.
personal opinion is I don't like that deep horn sound at the end.

Back