First Beat Ever Made

Its pretty cool! I like the direction this is going in but it needs some work imo. Dont get me wrong its dope but has way more potential! I love the keys!

The switch up was fire too! Very jazzy!

Just keep playing with it and it will come to you...

Do you mind checking me out tho!
https://youtu.be/beLpHFNaxtQ

Thanks for the feedback man! much appreciated :) And your track is pretty damn nice haha How did you get everything sounding so crisp? And what did you use for your bass? Thats one thing I have a hard time with as of right now lol

Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback! I had to adjust the volume, timing and pitch of the notes to make sure everything complemented each other. I even changed some instruments! But the bass is actually a combo of a voice vst/ brass instruments / and a sine wave synth.

Yo this sample has a ton of potential and this definitely fits the bill as a lofi type track. I think the vinyl sound is fine if that's what you were going for. Maybe adding some vst to warp the sample or something could add more of that lofi feel too.

Also, that smoove ass switch up is dope but maybe change the drums up on that part too. Overall this is wild good for a first beat. Dope work.

Thanks for the comment :) I have acouple vst's and will look into better transitions and drum patters. Do you have any vst's that you use that are good to make beats with? Like I mean certain synths and stuff like that.

I really liked the track, the flowing sizzle and crackles in the background were a nice touch to me. The keys were beautiful.. I was also going to say something about switching the drums up on that part, 1:54 - beyond.. I think it is the percussive knocks that feel they don't fit to me (or maybe just the timing of them).. But I could be wrong! Art. :)

Beautiful track though, thanks for sharing.. If you're wondering about vst's, I like the Addictive Keys stuff for grand piano sounds.. Came with some gear though, so I didn't have to shell out the $100.. and for synths I mainly use serum.. They have a $9.99/month plan for it if you're on a budget, which I am haha so it was the best bet for me.. But I've read plenty of positive things about it as well and there are plenty of sound/preset banks for it!

Last edited:
Back