find me | dragon boy jig | F4F

ryuuko

back with a new one, no vocals this time

let me know how the mix sounds, it was feeling good in my headphones and earphones but a little iffy on my speaker, just wanna know how i can fix that

leave a like if you enjoyed it, show some love :)

as always be 100% honest, good or bad

(P.S. also would like feedback on how to sample a little cleaner, let me know if you recognize where it's from haha)

ALL FEEDBACK IS RETURNED WITH EXPLANATION AND GRADE FROM SHINOBI RANKING SYSTEM

S! (best)
S
A
B
C
D
F (worst)

thanks
find me by dragon boy jig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

SOUNDCLOUD
dragon boy jig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

TWITTER
dragon boy jig (@theryuuko) | Twitter

Last edited:
I think you have a lot of ideas here but you have quite honed it down to to one singular idea; you have guitars, 808s, percussion drums. They all sound nice in idea but i think you could maybe try to find the best way the encapsulates all 3 ideas into a very uniform idea. But the mix is pretty good. Keep it up

I really like the way you chopped that piano sample. The drum pattern sounds good too, especially the fast high hat sample. The sub bass at the end of the beat is cool too. Good job and thank you for your feedback on my beat bro ;)

Nice drum/perc work I like the guitar it sounds really nice and really sets off the beat, I do think the hi-hats can be turned down a lil & I also think the bass could come in a lil earlier the intro seemed a lil bland at first until the other sounds kicked in, its also good to have a interesting intro because if people get bored at the intro they most likely won't listen to the rest of the beat. I don't really have anything else to say this sounds good to me as I said I really like the drum/perc work you did a great job on that just minor tweaks as I said and this should sound fine & thanks for the feedback on my track.

Nice drum/perc work I like the guitar it sounds really nice and really sets off the beat, I do think the hi-hats can be turned down a lil & I also think the bass could come in a lil earlier the intro seemed a lil bland at first until the other sounds kicked in, its also good to have a interesting intro because if people get bored at the intro they most likely won't listen to the rest of the beat. I don't really have anything else to say this sounds good to me as I said I really like the drum/perc work you did a great job on that just minor tweaks as I said and this should sound fine & thanks for the feedback on my track.

thanks haha, i was iffy on that intro too, glad to hear it confirmed. appreciate it!

i really like it. The drums r great. i like that syncopated sort of feel. The guitar is awesome .Mix is nice nothing to complian about there. That bass when it comes in the bridge is the bomb, is that like a kontakt instrument? the whole song progresses nicely . one of my favourites ive heard this week
b+
return the feed when u can
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...what-im-doing-really-f4f-545572/#post50088262

close haha, its from the east west instruments, i cant remember the name of the pack right now but it comes with the composer cloud sub. leaving feedback now!

the percussion on this is really smooth, that guitar when the 808 comes in is so crucial. i also like the change ups, they add nice variation. overall dope beat!

Gude,

interesting chopping of the piano sample. Tbh i don't think the guitar fits that well melodywise. At least it threw me off a bit. After it played a while, i got used to it. Mixingwise it pushes the piano to the back. Sounds a bit like you sidechained those two signals. If thats the effect you was going for - forget what i just said; fine with me then, hehe. Good drum programming, even though the percs got a bit too much "sparkle" for my taste. The kick got a nice knock!
PS: i played the guitar part seperated from the rest again and it sounds really good solo. Its more the context of the whole beat that threw me off i guess.

I love sampled beat and this is good.The drums hits,very solid and punchy.The sample main sampled melody could be a little bit repetitive but you have added a cool variation with that guitar,bass is amazing!

sample is nice. I think the percussion is a little bit too harsh in the mix. Maybe the melody could use some more variation.

I really like the piano chop. The guitar part really surprised me. Really cool melody and chill feeling. I think the part that could use a little work are maybe the drums. They are just a bit generic and dry sounding. Besides that, this is pretty cool.

Gude,

interesting chopping of the piano sample. Tbh i don't think the guitar fits that well melodywise. At least it threw me off a bit. After it played a while, i got used to it. Mixingwise it pushes the piano to the back. Sounds a bit like you sidechained those two signals. If thats the effect you was going for - forget what i just said; fine with me then, hehe. Good drum programming, even though the percs got a bit too much "sparkle" for my taste. The kick got a nice knock!
PS: i played the guitar part seperated from the rest again and it sounds really good solo. Its more the context of the whole beat that threw me off i guess.

Thanks for the specific feedback! I'll try to learn more about arranging cohesive stuff, it seems like that was a common thing people felt with the track. Appreciate it!

Love the intro melody & the drums, but you lost me when the guitar came in. I think it could use some better EQ'ing as well. On the other hand, I enjoyed the outro when the bass comes in. Overall, drum patterns are well done, but could be beefed up a bit, especially the bass and the main snare (sounds a little too dry for me). As far as the melody, I feel like you could have taken the intro melody and built something really special. Still a good beat tho, I see what you were trying to go for.

My Rating: C+

back with a new one, no vocals this time

let me know how the mix sounds, it was feeling good in my headphones and earphones but a little iffy on my speaker, just wanna know how i can fix that

leave a like if you enjoyed it, show some love :)

as always be 100% honest, good or bad

(P.S. also would like feedback on how to sample a little cleaner, let me know if you recognize where it's from haha)

ALL FEEDBACK IS RETURNED WITH EXPLANATION AND GRADE FROM SHINOBI RANKING SYSTEM

S! (best)
S
A
B
C
D
F (worst)

thanks
find me by dragon boy jig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

SOUNDCLOUD
dragon boy jig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

TWITTER
dragon boy jig (@theryuuko) | Twitter
I think the snare hits too hard in places, like the main melody as well and the shaker/hi hat thing. Kick's good as well. I think the second melody with the distorted guitar is slightly too loud.

I think the kick pattern didn't need to be changed, I think with the chilled vibe the switch up probably wasn't needed though. I like the smoothness of the bass though.

Pretty sure with sampling main thing is crossfading the right sections so that stops it from being too choppy(unless that's you're style) and allows it to loop.

Back