Fif - 1991 (Ol' Dirty Bastard style beat)

fifEST

Beatmaker
Yo FP fam im back again :victory:

And back with a new beat. 100% Will give feedback to ya!
NB! I don't know what's going on with the quality (right hihat for an example), even youtube played it better...
If im listenin' my own .WAV file then everything is perfect... weird but i post both links just in case.

YouTube link
So as some of FP members know i love to keep it oldie, but tried to stay modern at the same time :cheers:

Next one i will try to do Eazy-E style (snipe-snipe)

Thanks for the attention and make killer beats!

Last edited:
I liked the piano and diggin the old school vibes that those drum give off keep it up we need a different sound around here

Def ol school, I like the break in the middle.. Maybe tone down the piano a little bit .. It gets a little too in your face.. Same as the snare.. But maybe kill that a notch.. Overall decent job here

Def ol school, I like the break in the middle.. Maybe tone down the piano a little bit .. It gets a little too in your face.. Same as the snare.. But maybe kill that a notch.. Overall decent job here

Sick chops and good drums choice. I can hear Homeboy Sandman on this. Keep up the good work!

@vato22 thanks, bro, i tried to pitch it snitch it time it, but it sounded this way the best... if i just thought the style i would produce for Ol Dirty Bastard(who owned crazy voice and crazy a## rhymes) then i wanted to keep it maybe more simple to let lyricist play melodically with his voice u know.. didn't want trash it too much, im simple man :D but still thanks, we all have our own vibes!

@Thrillz this is what i do man :D Well i would like to make comeback with him :D
If i would get better sounds it can be YG style eaasily (funk bassline and keys).

yo you nailed that 90s vibe easily, excellent choice of sounds. that piano sounded off to me at first tbh, but really grew on me as I listened through. Dope!

thx for the great feed btw!

Drums are on point. That deeper piano doesn't sound quite right tho, dont know whether its slightly out of pitch or whether the notes dont align with the higher melody

"Royal Hood Trap" , "War" and the "Drake - pound Cake remake" are the most interesting ebats on your SC.

I like them a lot. The remake has an insane vocal processing giving the beat some deep vibe. It's really easy to let go and get lost in thoughts. Amazing ! Also drums are very decent and on point! Make a longer version and hit me on SC.

"War" : The choir is really cool - i would love to hear you get some more out of it. Also i could imagine to improve the sample for you a bit to make it sound more interesting. Your drums already are very good selected but you could give the msome mroe boost to make the beat go harder !

The "Royal Hood Trap" beat is insane. Very cool samples man, very good bass and the mix is on point. it sounds so clear and dynamic - if i would be you i'd try to figure out how you mixed that track so well and try to mix all of your tracks that way. use this track as orientation. use the same speakers / headphones while mixing, same EQ'ing on the different instrument tracks. This Beat was a really crazy enjoyable journey for my ears !

"1991" is pretty oldskool and classic jazzy vibe with soome nice piano slice. It's interesting but the drum sounds don't fit the sample so good. The kick and hihats are a bit annyoing to my ears. The style remembers me of a swiss producer / group called "los turntablos". Theis stuff is pretty old but you could lsiten to some of their tracks to get a felling how to bring sounds jazzy sounds like u used ehre together in a very good way. give it a try, you wont regret.

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

peace

Last edited:
I like it a lot bro it has a real authentic boom bap sound!

Feedback appreciated!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ar-type-beat-we-made-f4f-535881/#post50049336

yo you nailed that 90s vibe easily, excellent choice of sounds. that piano sounded off to me at first tbh, but really grew on me as I listened through. Dope!

thx for the great feed btw!

Drums are on point. That deeper piano doesn't sound quite right tho, dont know whether its slightly out of pitch or whether the notes dont align with the higher melody

@jwillmatic thanks bro! boom bap all the way man!
@aciddroppin Good to hear, that u like it!
@Kid Indigo at the start the melody was totally different, then i was playing again with samples, then somehow got this, with out deeper piano, it would sound too empty :(
I wanted to keep that deeper piano play something like in here.
ShimmyShimmyYa Youtubelink
There is used to lower keys but i used one key...
If im ending the album maybe i have different mindset and can change it somehow, atm i don't have knowledge to fix it :/

It was even in another layer, and if i made it play lower volume, then overall wasn't that what i expected...

"Royal Hood Trap" , "War" and the "Drake - pound Cake remake" are the most interesting ebats on your SC.

I like them a lot. The remake has an insane vocal processing giving the beat some deep vibe. It's really easy to let go and get lost in thoughts. Amazing ! Also drums are very decent and on point! Make a longer version and hit me on SC.

"War" : The choir is really cool - i would love to hear you get some more out of it. Also i could imagine to improve the sample for you a bit to make it sound more interesting. Your drums already are very good selected but you could give the msome mroe boost to make the beat go harder !

The "Royal Hood Trap" beat is insane. Very cool samples man, very good bass and the mix is on point. it sounds so clear and dynamic - if i would be you i'd try to figure out how you mixed that track so well and try to mix all of your tracks that way. use this track as orientation. use the same speakers / headphones while mixing, same EQ'ing on the different instrument tracks. This Beat was a really crazy enjoyable journey for my ears !

"1991" is pretty oldskool and classic jazzy vibe with soome nice piano slice. It's interesting but the drum sounds don't fit the sample so good. The kick and hihats are a bit annyoing to my ears. The style remembers me of a swiss producer / group called "los turntablos". Theis stuff is pretty old but you could lsiten to some of their tracks to get a felling how to bring sounds jazzy sounds like u used ehre together in a very good way. give it a try, you wont regret.

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

peace

Damn, it's the one you sent me !! I like how it turned out bro, really dope. Could definitely hear ODB on this.

Yo ZheroBeats thanks for your time man!

Pound Cake Fif Remake
I love Drake style and how his producers give that emotion what he meant and i love that track.
Worked hard to get synth fit each other and mixing was just another way to prove my skills...

War
I will not lie - i made it fast, just some idea came and snapped.
But i will check it out later, maybe i can do something.

Royal Hood Trap

Well this beat man haha, was a journey.. when i made it, then this type of trap was really popular:victory:
I don't remember where i was getting the inspiration but i remember that was some kinda sylenth1 preset where i was tweakin hard to get unique sound but as u can hear, nothing special.
2 note changes and that's all.
Speakers i had was this 1504231613a8ff80b565f17224.jpgand headphones Philips-Stereo-Headphones-Deep-bass-1074657-2-6a533.jpg
So yeah :DDDD
I don't know how i got this result but now i have LSR305 and ATH50-s and i was amazed also.
Maybe the room was better where i produced, don't really know.

This beat was actually firstly Protect Ya Neck part II but then i understood that vibes are quite different.

As you can see, i always samplin and don't have good handles on keys itself when i wanna add something more... the bassline is just a thing what i can do, and even this ain't perfect.
I just think i need 2member squad like collabo sh#t to make bounce it how i would like to...

@gotham ye bro, things changed haha :cheers: glad u like it.

I loved the width of the track is was very soothing to the ears. You really caught the old school vibe. My only suggestion would have been to add a taddd bit more variation to the piano and lower some of the transients on them so they sounded more real. I am an avid piano player so I just notice that and thought adjusting would def make the track even better. Good work though

I like the beat. Feels a little bit empty but that's just me. The drums hit. I would say add some hi hats or something.
- 3-little-words

Back