A few things...

Baddokirā

Hey all,

First time posting. Let's just get somethings out of the way; I'm still learning to mix, and my god what an eye opening part of production it has been for me - I totally respect this side of the art now. I've been playing with a Maschine mk1 for the last 2 or 3 months and this is the product of my trial and error... A few samples of what I've been up to I guess.

Any general critiques with my style / methods / mixing technique to help me improve (I know the mixes are all very inconsistent, but I am finding my feet in that area)

Peace,
BK

These r dope beats but theres an issue with the high end being too sharp which can hurt somebodies ears. Your sounds seem like they are competing for the same space. when you mix, try imagining yourself in a room with all the instruments. Some on your left, some on the right, and room in the middle for a vocal. I really like your version of the funk as well that was dope. What do you mix on?

Thanks man, yeah I've struggled with the high end stuff. I am mixing with open back AKG headphones I don't have speakers yet. I use closed back when I'm sampling etc. But I see the difference when I play it in my car speakers or phone speakers. I'll figure it out eventually.

I'm only using Maschine and then tidy stuff up in audacity

Back