[Feedback4Feedback] Help me determine what's wrong with this mix!

BlackReal

The Black Reality
Hello.

Right now, I'm finishing up a project and want to give some people a decent idea of what I'm working on before I try to get into a studio.

I want to give them the best demo possible, so I'd really love some advice on the mix (both the beat and definitely the vocals, as that's where it sounds particularly bad). Oh! One thing on the mix... I obviuosly know it's a bit piercing in the beginning; I'm actually trying to decide if I like that for the concept of the song currently.

Anyway, feedback for feedback, of course (I appreciate it). Feel free to tell me how you feel about the song in general, but I'm incredibly excited to hear about how I could step my mixing game up.

hey bro, it has bounce, deffo it is a new concept, I've nevere heard something like this before.It isa thing that might be improved and that is the intro.Try makin' it shorter and an idea would be as soon as the clap comes in you should put the vocal aswell.This is because listeners ears get the biggest impact in the first 10 seconds so that will do it.In rest is all fine, just try to add like an rising white noise before the vocal comes in.Keep it up bro

This is hella dope the beat has a dope hip-hop club bounce vibe kinda reminds me of some of Timbalands & The Neptunes stuff I think the production is great the sound selection is on point but I do think the mixing could use some work on the production and vocals. The vocals sounded kinda dry and lifeless on top of the beat full of energy and in the production as you did address theres some harsh piercing frequencies also I think a nice subtle reverb on the clap will sound great.

Check out my latest.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...l-uzi-vert-type-beat-f4f-547064/#post50093894

yo first off i like this vibe a lot and what your goin for
this might help ur mix more sound like what you want

- delay the vocal by 2 and make dry wet round 23 - 27 and feedback to round 20 - 25 (adds thickness to vocal and ambience)
- add some reverb
- eq all instruments before and after reverb
- maybe compression on snares
- re level everything
- spread ur mix out maybe pan some instruments

i like the vocal on it a lot and the beat, good production m8

I wasn't sure if i was gunna enjoy this beat when it started, but once your vocals came in I saw the potential and it kinda slaps. reminds me of Run the Jewels.
the start is a bit strange and i didnt like hearing it but it lead into a good beat and i feel the vibez from it being there... Maybe make it less high in the EQ and add some filters over it and see where it goes.

[h=1][F4F] Relaxing Melodic Beat [F4F][/h]

I like the vibe your going for! :cool:

The 808 is a bit too loud
I think it needs some more sounds like percussion wise
I feel like it needs a big drop with a kick coming in :)

Keep up the good work and thanks for leaving feedback on my post!

The beat is pretty interesting and bare bones, but I think it really works. I think the vocals need to be a tiny louder, but overall this is interesting. I do think the beat could use more changes, maybe some interesting drum changes. Cool idea for sure and it should come out awesome after the studio.

Back