(Feedback Returned) Trap Battle Beat with EDM flavor - Showtime by pmbeats

pMbeats

professional amateur
SUP FP!

I haven't posted in a while so I wanted to update you guys with my newest track. I've been grinding like crazy over the last year and I hope you can hear the growth in my music.

This is a crazy track with a lot of stuff going on, which was intended to be showcased in a beat battle. It has a trap EDM kind of feel but I'm a rap producer and I always posted here so I chose this subforum. Post a link to your thread and I'll return all feedback. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.

After listening to the track all the way through, I think my favorite part is from 1.19-2.05, that was a really awesome break in between the main beat. You're percussion noises are really bomb and the song structure is golden. The mix sounds nice and loud and I like the stereo aspects to it. I don't know if I'm too crazy about the chords your using for the saws during the main verse? (I don't know what you'd call that part). Vocal samples fit really well with everything. The filters you used in the beginning of the track are an awesome way to build up into the initial start at 0.17. I think it might be cool if you put a phaser on the main synth you're using and only maybe use a note to make the melody stand out more instead of a chord sound (unless its just detuned or something I can't tell)

Anyway the more I listen to it the more I can start to get the groove, you made a dope track man! good job. I'd dig to get some feedback on my new one I just put up!

After listening to the track all the way through, I think my favorite part is from 1.19-2.05, that was a really awesome break in between the main beat. You're percussion noises are really bomb and the song structure is golden. The mix sounds nice and loud and I like the stereo aspects to it. I don't know if I'm too crazy about the chords your using for the saws during the main verse? (I don't know what you'd call that part). Vocal samples fit really well with everything. The filters you used in the beginning of the track are an awesome way to build up into the initial start at 0.17. I think it might be cool if you put a phaser on the main synth you're using and only maybe use a note to make the melody stand out more instead of a chord sound (unless its just detuned or something I can't tell)

Anyway the more I listen to it the more I can start to get the groove, you made a dope track man! good job. I'd dig to get some feedback on my new one I just put up!

Very good observations RyneCichella! Percussion, structure and stereo imaging are a few of the newer things that I've been working on. I'm glad you were able to pick those out. Those are definitely chords in the 'verse part' and I understand what you mean about making them stand out more. A phaser is a cool idea too. Thank you for your detailed feedback. Checking your song out now.
:cheers:

Back