[F4F] Yung Bans x Lil Mosey Type Beat "Burn"

calmawaves

Hi guys, i made this little beat. I really like it for the most part, but i felt it was really hard adding a melody / counter melody, so if anybody has an idea, or wants to collab either trying to fix this, or make a completely new, then PM me :)

Thanks in advance!

YouTube

- calmawaves

Last edited:
The attack on the instrument at the start is a little too high. Does it need a countermelody? The beat feels really stripped down, true but it also feels like one of those beats that needs a rapper to pull it all together and finish it off, a sing songy type rapper would fit well to add a flair of extra melody here and there. Sometimes simple is what is called for. That being said, there are probably multiple directions you could go with this one.

Yeah you might be right about the start, its 1 instrument soloed, that i suppose sounds a lot better with help from the other sounds. And i suppose you are right about, it is even needs a counter melody. Thing is, i can't rap, so adding the melodies is my way of spicing it up, so its pleasent to listen to. Again thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it mate.

Did you play these chords? I think the melodies you played here sound real good man not sure what else you want to add. A trick I like to use is half time the melodies I already have and add them during a hook or something of the sort. Layer the same chords you already have as well with sounds that vary in frequency. But to be honest this beat is full enough for a rapper to get on, I like those arps that come in. Return the feed when you can: New EP - As I See It by Lowwki - F4F

I click everything in, so no. I'll try some half speed thing on either the current melody, or a new one.

But thanks for the feedback bro, i appreciate it

Thanks a lot bro, and yeah you might be right. I have a lot of rims to kinda give it bounce in certain places, and a snare layered by a clap, but I think you are about an extra snare, maybe with a little reverb on. And the track is in 150 BPM :)

Like the guy said, the attack on the first instrument is high. The melody is nice though.

YouTube check out my sounds g. Also hit me up for a collab

Nice instrumental it def has a Yung Bans x Lil Mosey vibe super chill with some nice drums imo I feel the beat could use a counter melody just for more variation but at the same time I feel if this had a artist on it the counter melody might not be needed because sometimes beats sound empty when they don't have artist on them but once you got vocals on it its a different story.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] Bryson Tiller x Tory Lanez x Kehlani x The Weeknd (Smooth) Type Beat [F4F]

Thanks for your input. In terms of a nice counter melody, i really had trouble laying one down successfully. And I don't rap myself, so it can be hard to hear if a beat is finished, or if there should be a nice pleasent melody, that probably won't fit too well with a rapper on. Idk, its tough to produce sometimes. But thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it bro :)

I like it. There are some changes I think could be made that have already been stated by others that could be made to make this fire.

Turn down attack on the first instrument. It sounded annoying. The counter melody fits, but make it repitive from the first 2 bars. The continuation of it doesn’t fit. The drums sound great. I have no suggest for that.

Those are the small changes I would suggest. Keep up the great work.

Return love

Son Of The Morning [F4F]

Thanks for the feedback and advice bro, i must agree with you there's something off about the counter melody. I don't really know what you mean by bars. But thanks for your feedback anyways. Im currently working on a better version :)

Last edited:
Back