[F4F] Wu Tang Clan | Japanese type beat - Last Man Standing [Sub4Sub]

Kazebeat

So this is a beat I made 6 months ago, when I was pretty new to mixing, eq'ing, and compressing. I know there's much to improve on so I want to know how to make this fire instrumental the best!

I imagine this instrumental going along with a final battle scene in a movie.. or the journey a samurai would take traveling across the country.

As always, I will return all feedback!

You have a unique style in Mixing and Mastering and it's interesting. This is a great beat btw.

My ONLY suggestion is to maybe keep the drums/percussions louder than the melodies like that guitar type sound. You did a great job though. My first mix and master was nowhere close to this.

Return FeedBack HERE

Thanks for listening man. I plan on doing a complete revamp on the mixing with this track, your comment really helps

yo..i love this..your drum is tight...u mix quite well...just like zakwan said about the drums and melodies..thats true..overall is nice lovin the old school vibe..if u want to reupload it next time use Samurai Champloo as background video :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
I retruned the sub and like fam! Left a comment as well.

One thing I wanted to say (if you want to), try moving the nudging the snare to the right BARELY like one or two nudges, you can also do this with other percussion. If you nudge stuff to the right a little, say the hats 2 nudge, the snare 1 nudge, etc, it could have a interesting effect on the swing of your drums for these oldschool type beat. Appreciate the feedback bro stay grindin!

That's great advice, thank you. I know that will open up some space in the track! Thanks for the YouTube support, too

I wish the melody of the sliding guitar was a bit longer, but that's just a personal preference. I don't particularly like the synths though, they are a bit too muddy and not that sharp (in terms of grabbing attention).

Despite the Japanese inspiration in the beats, this doesn't have enough boom bap elements to be considered a Wu Tang Clan type beat, but it's still good and unique

Feedback on this please She's Not Coming Back [F4F]

Thank you for the feedback man, it really helps. I'm completely re-mixing and changing this beat when I get a good amount of opinions on how to improve. I made this instrumental with FL studio 10 and only stock sounds:(. I've upgraded to 12 since then and have been armed with omnisphere...so be prepared for this to be 100% better. I'm gonna check your post out now!

nice one bro i definitely can see this being played on a movie !!

i liked commented and subbed on your youtube! - i suggest you look into SEO and edit your keywords for your video so its easily searchable on youtube

keep it up tho

I dig it. Not gonna repeat about drums and melody relation as you already know about that. This beat would def kill with a good MC. What you may try is to change the snare at the end of an 8 bar loop, add reverb/delay/flanger to it, something small but something that emphasis that the bar loops again. It's boring by itself but that's good, because it's hip-hop, MC should shine. Really nice stuff!

Back