F4F We're Forever TRAP remix.

Delwicious

Laidback Luke and Marc Benjamin track. This was for one of Beatport's remix contests, but I was just seeking criticism! The structure was intended to be simple, I wanted to keep the integrity of the original track. Let me know what you guys think of the sound design, or mix!

Laidback Luke and Marc Benjamin track. This was for one of Beatport's remix contests, but I was just seeking criticism! The structure was intended to be simple, I wanted to keep the integrity of the original track. Let me know what you guys think of the sound design, or mix!

Damn, nice remix! Well done. I really enjoyed the lead synth. What are you using for the synth? :)

**Return the favor? YOUR opinion's important**
https://soundcloud.com/michaeljoelmusic/from-dreams-awoken-demo

The lead synth is actually a massive patch based on the square wave. It takes advantage of the monophonic triller portamento to make it slide around and bend. Then post effects! A really thrilling sound.

You nailed the composition not much to criticize. The mix sounded decent but I'm gonna be picky @ chorus the synths are too loud and the vocals lose focus I'd would use automation to lower the synth when the vocals hits. And perhaps some mid/side eq. Kick need more presence in the mix...there are different ways to do that but I would layer it and add some Parallel compression and bring out the attack. The clap need more mid range

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ck/new-beat-stonger-all-feed-returned-479831/

Good job here man, this is a real nice remix gotta say. That drop brings the trap feel with a very catchy melody, really digging that lead sound good job on shaping it. I feel like the kick could be a bit louder, that could actually go for all the drums in general, but besides that this is a bang up job props

Thanks for the criticism Quike! I appreciate your input. I love it when people get picky, it will really allow me to hone in on the tougher parts. It sounds like a lot of what you are asking for is concentrated in the mid range. A precious space, I'll find more effective ways to utilize punchy tones on my next track.

Thanks for the love Jafthegiraffe. I am coming to find that without proper low end reproduction the kick drum gets lost since it is so concentrated in the booty of the track. I'll be sure to bring out my transients more next time around.

Drums are on point and great intro into the singing. Seems like the intro does take a long time to build up, though, and then there really isn't much of a traditional drop so things start to get a little confusing. I can appreciate a break from the usual and conformity, so with a few "clues" (added instruments/sounds/percussion) then the listener will be able to stay on the same path you've drawn out for us. Great choice of instruments and everything is mixed well. I feel like the 2nd part of the song where we're knee deep everything is sequenced well and I really see your vision.

Back