[F4F] Valkyrie

BM_XT

My new beat. Woul love to hear some good critic. And please be specific, if you do or don't like something tell me why.

Would give you feedback in return as well.

I think you should try to make an intro to this. I like the beat as a whole. The main synth lead is a little repetitive and loud in the mix I feel. The drums sound pretty good and I think have decent variety. That drop that comes in is pretty hard. I'm actually liking the brass on this and all the percussion throughout the beat is dope as fuck. The main snare does feel a little stale though.

Here's mine

I think someone already said it but definitely some sort of intro would help the beat build up and unveil. That synthesizer sound in the back in the beginning of the song could be changed or arranged differently melodically so it won't sound the same throughout. Trying playing around with the drums a bit more too. Keep at it!

Let me know what you think of my recent post on SoundCloud! Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks for your critique, Atreesto.
Now my thoughts about your track. Really nice chillout vibe. Some low-pitched female vocal would go nice with it, I hear some vocal is present but I can barely hear it. Bass can be more fat and solid on the low range. That drop into complete silence was uncomfortable to me, I think you should work on it. Some panning automation for long chords in the second part would make it better I guess. Short synth chords in first part contradict with pads in my opinion, some EQ cuts would be necessary.

icustevie, thanks for feedback. You are right, I thought about it all myself now I'm sure about it.
My thoughts on your track. That synth that plays long note melody(flute-like one) sound off tone. You should change chords or/and synth melody. Also I suggest you to cut off some mud (arond 300-400 hz) in chords.

DistortedWonder thanks for feedback, appreciate that.
Left a comment under your vid on youtube.

Back