F4F Tyler the Creator Goblin type beat: Underwater by Mango

This is pretty smooth and i like how you incorporated background noise into the beat during the intro. The drums are well done - though the hi-hats could be EQ'd a bit more

God job!

Feedback on this please Let's See Why [F4F]

emotion between the bass, chords, melodies, that sick swirly ambience adding tension is real nice , i feel like you could play around with the eqing on this though, you could let some more of the highs through i feel. also, flowing over this is really easy, good track

emotion between the bass, chords, melodies, that sick swirly ambience adding tension is real nice , i feel like you could play around with the eqing on this though, you could let some more of the highs through i feel. also, flowing over this is really easy, good track
Interesting. I tried something a little different. Tried to get a goblin kinda feel where Tyler usually has warm tracks and is kinda lo-fi but I'll look at that. Thanks for the advice.

Getting the bright sounds to go through without it being piercing is something I do tend to struggle with. Probably a case of messing with the multiband compressor.

Last edited:
Gude,

at first i thought "hmm, that sounds a bit too muffled", but then i realized the track is titled "underwater". So i guess thats that whole concept behind this beat. Its something different - like that ovo/partynextdoor sound taken one step further. The melodies work really well and hearing it over and over i really like the vibe. Always a fan of ppl doin stuff different. Good stuff!

Gude,

at first i thought "hmm, that sounds a bit too muffled", but then i realized the track is titled "underwater". So i guess thats that whole concept behind this beat. Its something different - like that ovo/partynextdoor sound taken one step further. The melodies work really well and hearing it over and over i really like the vibe. Always a fan of ppl doin stuff different. Good stuff!
Thanks, yeah that was my intention.

The keys I made only have the low mids EQed for that reason. It's what 40 does in his beats so he gets a long synth almost pad sound so can see why it sounds a bit like a ovo kinda beat.

Hey, so created a new track. Kinda lo-fi and dark. Want to know if the mix/master is ok and what kind of things I should add/take away.

My kinda aim was to create a slow moving track that someone can rap over.

Underwater by mango | mango | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the feedback on my track! I really like the vibe to this track, think your approach to filtering out the highs is dope as well to give it that "Underwater" feel! If a vocalist jumped on it, they could also easily fill up the space thats missing from the highs, kinda like what you hear from a Drake track. Nice work man!

Interesting you def created a underwater feel but I would let just a lil more of the high end on the sounds pass through just to give them a lil more character but not too much to remove the underwater feel. I really like the instruments used in this the piano is really nice and the chords and melodies for the beat are dope to I think this is a dope beat I just think the mix needs tweaking, I think the drums & bass should have more punch to them so they are more noticeable in the mix and the hi-hats should be panned much wider to created a wider stereo mix.

I like the feel of it man, those abstarct sounds and minimal drums are sick.
I'd say maybe wet the drums a bit they stick out a bit too much for me, add some reverb on the hats and some snares maybe.
When it gets a bit busier towards the end it sounds a bit messy to me maybe work on the mix there a bit.
Overall tho like what your going with, keep it up bro!

Check my latest or or any on my page man!
*NEW* Acoustic/Spoken Rap song [F4F]

Thanks for the feedback on my track! I really like the vibe to this track, think your approach to filtering out the highs is dope as well to give it that "Underwater" feel! If a vocalist jumped on it, they could also easily fill up the space thats missing from the highs, kinda like what you hear from a Drake track. Nice work man!
I was thinking if I had a vocalist on it I'd even do things like high pass their voices on delays e.g. and fill up space.

Back