[F4F] Travis Scott Hype Type Beat - "LSD"

Your bass is very loud. A lot louder then the drums. Or maybe some better compressing and sidechaining to have a breathe on layers... Kind a strange and strong sounds in my ears

I like the volume, but you need to "duck" between the base and the kick. When I do an "ducking", is by use an plugin what duck the base each time when the kicks in. Look after trackspacer by wavesfactory. Great for that. One tip to use that plugin (is on my daw) is I send the kick to base and the routing input will look like 1/2 = 1/2. I want to change like this: 1/2 = 3/4 and then you use the duck plugin on the bass channel. And it needed to be first on the channel tree. Snare is a little to bit high on 15khz, but I know some producers likes it clean. For me when I make trap, I often want to dirty my drums in boombap way, but in trap format. Otherwise the rest of the mix is spot on.

You can hear on this beat, how I duck the bass:
Drill/Trap beat: "Its Not A Drill" F4F

Last edited:
I personally don't like the melody too much, coming from a different taste, but those drums really hit!

I like the volume, but you need to "duck" between the base and the kick. When I do an "ducking", is by use an plugin what duck the base each time when the kicks in. Look after trackspacer by wavesfactory. Great for that. One tip to use that plugin (is on my daw) is I send the kick to base and the routing input will look like 1/2 = 1/2. I want to change like this: 1/2 = 3/4 and then you use the duck plugin on the bass channel. And it needed to be first on the channel tree. Snare is a little to bit high on 15khz, but I know some producers likes it clean. For me when I make trap, I often want to dirty my drums in boombap way, but in trap format. Otherwise the rest of the mix is spot on.

You can hear on this beat, how I duck the bass:
Drill/Trap beat: "Its Not A Drill" F4F
the kick is sidechained but i guess not enough, thanks for the feedback!

Back