[F4F] Trap beat "Pink Skies" [F4F]

Nice I like the idea you was going for the sounds are very nice but I think there needs to be more separation it sounds like there was too much going on to me, too many sounds playing at one time and the sounded like they was clashing also the drum sounded weak compared to the main melody in hip-hop the drums are on of the main elements they should be one of the main focuses of a track.

Checkout my latest.
[F4F] Jealousy - Travis Scott x 21 Savage x A$AP Rocky Type Beat [F4F] (Dark)

You need at least a little break from main melody(especially around 1 minute point) or else it gets too monotone. You can chop it up and toss around or glitch, or even make some bridge. Maybe some filter automation would help too. Melody is good but it is more suitable for like chorus, you repeated the shit out of it my friend. I like ambient sounding chords in the background, I think they should have more attention, by maybe eq-ing a main koto sample a bit, to give 'em space, maybe some side-chain spreading. Like koto is having a center and those chords may have sides, with lots of reverb.
And also song sounds a bit messy when all instruments are playing(may be due to fast changing 808 melody). You can simplify some melodies when pan flute, koto and ambient chords play together. Now they kinda pull my brain in different directions. You either simplify 808 at those places or make chords long and slow or something.(nice trick to identify which places are messy is to play short bits like 1/4 or even 1/8 at a time or listen to them on loop, your brain will detect problem places automatically)

Now that I gave you all details, still good beat you have there, man, keep it up.:)

Last edited:
Nice I like the idea you was going for...
You need at least a little break...

Gtfo you guys just feel threatened because I'm the new Metro Boomin!/s

No but seriously, I too know I can do better, and I was probably to eager to release this to really pay attention to the details. Listening to it for hours straight without much of a break probably made me blind to the faults in the mixing and mastering of this piece. Thanks for the honest and constructive feedback, might do a rework of this idea further down the line!

really liking your melody, it has a nice vibe to it. the drums that come in at first are good, but a little confusing. that could be just me, as i was expecting a certain type of drums to bounce in, and these drums are a little more unique. overall really dope, i like this alot. keep it up!

be honest with me here
dragon boy jig | huff n puff | F4F

I actually enjoyed most of the sound choices in this. Not sure if this was intended to have someone rhyme over this but the drums were complex - hard to spit bars over but awesome to listen to. Only thing I could ask for is variation with the koto and drums loops which were already mentioned.

Back