{F4F} Some Old-school Vibes...'The Ballad of Wei Chen'

kayjay748

{F4F} Some Old-school Vibes...'The Ballad of Wei Shen'

I've just finished this track, which samples a song from the video game Sleeping Dogs - check it out below;

All feedback is appreciated, will return every comment. Just drop a link below your comment and I'll listen to your stuff as soon as I can.

Cheers, and enjoy.

Last edited:
dope beat! The snare is a bit weak imo, it should hit a bit harder or you should use another one.. Other than that i dont have nothing to b*tch about :) Thanks for your feedback!

This sample is dope. I think a different kick snare combo would make this beat stand out more. They are bit too soft. And maybe sidechain the sample to the kick.

The top beat I am totally digging, Vibing, actually dude its kinda blasting in the car, head bopping the lot!

Could you please check my stuff out and maybe be my critic :D

https://soundcloud.com/blitz-187-612050295/i-can-blitz

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

I checked your track out; I think you've got a good basis but there's a couple of things I'd look at changing. The piano you've used sounds a little synthetic, and not like somebody is really playing it - everything is too perfectly in time, whereas a real player wouldn't necessarily hit every chord bang on time. The horns that come in during the hook are also too high in the mix and kind of drown everything else, I'd make them quieter if I were you. Getting a real Eminem Criminal/Murder Murder feeling from the lyrics, good job.

This beat is ill man. I could bump this too often if I got carried away. I'm diggin' the horns the most I think. everything sounds really good together. I can tell you're definitely not a beginner haha! Keep it up man! I'd like to hear more of your tracks.

I like this alot bro, some chill vibes u got there. The sample change ups and everything goes smooth, the drums are ok. Nice work and thanks for the feed too

first of all congratulations, you did a great job and this is one of the best beats here. drum pattern is simple but very classic and works always. you just picked the right sounds (especially the snare is very cool). love when you put those vocals in for the transition (the guy who counts). what can i say? i wish i did this joint man.... be proud of that tune!

this is dope man i love when people utilize video game sound tracks as samples, always comes out great. dont really have any cconstructive feedback here, great flip man.

if you have any constructive feedback for my latest beats id love to hear it, check them below

first off, i love the name of this beat. second the boom bapish drum patterns go so well this sample. i'm impressed bro keep it up

really nice job man! this is definitely dj premier inspired, you should get a rapper on this asap, keep it up!

my track: https://soundcloud.com/s-beats-15/storm-in-the-sea

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

First off, the cover art you’ve picked is awesome. I like the gritty lo-fi feel you’ve gone for here, the sounds effects add a lot of depth to it. The drums are nice, and the mix seems decent as well. Only criticism I’d offer is that it’s pretty fast at the moment, so I’d look at dropping the BPM by around 5, I think it would work better if it were a bit slower. Great work though man.

Back