[F4F] Some lofi chill and jazzy beats

The melody makes me smile; the slight bend in pitch is on edge brother. There's a lot of potential and different directions you could take this. Expand on varying your drum loops and melody. My biggest problem with the instrumental is that it's too short lol but it allows for growth.

I like LoFi beats, I study to them all the time but I'm not well versed in all the elements or artists involved. Just my opinion - The hats/sliders fit well in the track but the Kick needs to stand out more and the snare could be broader/louder. I hear Kendrick with the flow of a god over this. Fyi your other tracks are good. Gave ya a follow on soundcloud

Check my thread out when you get the chance.
[F4F] Ab-Soul | Schoolboy Q type beat - Soaring

Appreciate the feedback. It's actually very helpful and I have a quick question about expanding my drum loops...

I know other styles of hip hop really have a lot more variation in drum patterns and fills, rolls, etc. than what I'm hearing in lo-fi songs. So would you suggest small changes like adding a ride for a hook section or bridge (not that this beat really has other sections lol and I get that was also part of the point you're making) ... Or are you more saying that I just need an additional drum pattern or two overall (basically shuffling my kicks around or something to that extent)?

Also I checked your song , good stuff . I followed and liked...
look forward to hearing more.

Thanks again.

Love that tape hiss just enough to touch the sides of your ears, melody is on point nice and wobbly and dissonant but still structured. I feel like the kick and the bass are a bit weak, they are definitely crisp, so maybe some saturation and or compression could help bring out some nice frequencies and add some weight. I feel like you could have maybe had a break or another melody that picks up, something like that, to give more a sense of movement, the length is good though and the intros and outros are timed well, dope track man'

charms by sohjo | Free Listening on SoundCloud

charms by sohjo | Free Listening on SoundCloud

It just comes down to preference. You're right about the LoFi being steady for the most part but slightly changing your kicks and hat patterns (nothing drastic) goes a long way in keeping someone's attention. Some drum loops are so good that they don't need any change. There's a limit on how much you can vary your patterns - too much and it can get messy (I tend to overcomplicate things lol) Thanks for the feedback btw

Sounds sweet errtaang. You didn't need the swing on them drums tho and you should have done something more laidback and sloppy, but clean, like other lofi beats.

Back