[F4F] Numbers/ GBE Type beat

snb1ent

Back again, thanks for checking out my thread. Here's my newest beat, tell me what you think!

I do feedback for feedback, just link me to your beat.

Pros:
I like the piano melody.
The slight distortion on the 808-bassline.
The drum patterns.

Con:
How the track is mastered (explained below).

I like the track and how it is arranged. However, the mixing needs a little work.

First, what I noticed that the brass has no character. It sounds really dull and empty. I do not know if that's how you mixed it or if the brass sound came like that but if it did come like that, I would suggest using another brass sound. Plus, I would the brass down quite a bit. The snares and claps are very low in the mix. The kick sounds fine but maybe if you side-chained the kick with the bassline a little bit (not too much like a electronic song side-chain), it would be a little more interesting. By the way, around the 1:23 mark, I hear the bassline continue when it should be cutoff. You can fix this (assuming you're using FL Studio) by changing the volume's envelope on the channel's setting. You can look up basic YouTube tutorials on how to do this.

My suggestion is to look up YouTube tutorials on mixing and mastering. Also, practice it when you are making a new project.

Thank you for the super thorough reply! I appreciate you digging through it and pointing out both the pros and cons you found. I will admit that I am pretty nooby when it comes to mixing. I know the basics when it comes to EQing, compression, etc. but overall I don't have much knowledge. Thanks for providing me with the resources I need!

I agree this is def a well done track and composition I'm def feeling all the parts...I think the only improvements I would make are as far as the mix goes...I could hear a little more knock from the kick, I could hear the snare/clap sound a little meaner...also I hear an orchestral pluck in the intro that gets lost in the mix when the beat drops...maybe EQ that a bit as well...overall great job this is def a banger

Thanks for the feedback! So far I can take it that I should be concerned with my mix :4theloveofgod:. I better get crackin' on that.

Back