F4F - new joint with two dope emcees

The Funk Junkie

Here's the latest with two of my all-time favorite emcees Prolyphic and Asphate (of Maxilla Blue). Each set of vocals had there own unique problems with weird tones, background noises, not totally separated parts, etc. It was a huge amount of work to de-ess and try to get it to sound reasonable. Any suggestions or observations are appreciated and as always, feedback will be returned if you drop a link.

Here's a link to my facebook as well if you're really feeling it haha
https://www.facebook.com/TheFunkJunkie/

Gave you a like!

Really liking this beat, in particular. Really nice guitar. The boom bap style drums are dope. Really nice mix overall! Nice chord progression.

Wasn't really paying attention to the rappers on this one, but when I would pay attention, they were always saying something ill haha.

Dope production you got here! I mess with this!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my beat! If you like what you hear, hit me with a sub on my channel, I'd really appreciate it. https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ll-feedback-100-9th-wonder-type-style-536435/

first of all thank you for your great feedback!! this is ill man.. i like how it's de-essed like that and kinda amped. superb bang, everything sounds glued in you know. respect. 2nd mc was really dope to me. reminds me a certain sound i haven't heard in a while so this is very fresh to me. didn't expect something this dope at all

Last edited:
first of all thank you for your great feedback!! this is ill man.. i like how it's de-essed like that and kinda amped. superb bang, everything sounds glued in you know. respect. 2nd mc was really dope to me. reminds me a certain sound i haven't heard in a while so this is very fresh to me. didn't expect something this dope at all

Thanks man, the 2nd guy (Asphate) is majorly slept on. If you have spotify or something just check out anything by Maxilla Blue. It's all super introspective, funky and political.

This sounds great, the beat is pretty perfect, not much i can say about that. The first rapper's enunciation was pretty weak, and the mixing of his voice felt off. But the second rapper's voice was perfect, nothing i can say about his verse. I gave a like, follow and repost i loved this track.

reminds me of Mobb deep a bit.. The beat is dope. the drum break is proper 90s sounding.. i like the electronic elements though.. i also like the trippy aesthetic in it .. the little automation touches are nice too, like the reverb swells here and there especially in the vox.. makes it a bit more interesting indeed.. Both mcs are good, the bars are pretty good/reflective.. I like the little singing bit towards the end.. Keep it up, Maybe try make the vocals thicker it sounds like noise reduction has thinned them a bit.. Keep it up though it isn't the end of the world! Rtf? pEACCE https://www.futureproducers.com/for...outh-etc/outss-live-sessions-ep-2-f4f-536418/

Sample is so atmospheric, the vibe it creates is beautiful. That drum break sets a perfect groove for the emcees to ride. And the rappers are absolutely sick with it, damn these guys can flow, great job on getting to work with this caliber of emcees. I actually fuck with this song a lot, reminds me of CunningLynguist a bit.

Make sure to visit my thread as well, let me know your thoughts man I'd be highly interested to har what you have to say.

Here's a link : Future/Drake Type Banger - JUICE (prod. Gotham) F4F Guaranteed !

firstly, quality mix! Arrangement is also on point, the filtering and pauses are subtle and impacting. Really enjoyed the bassline, although I believe it could be turned town a bit (maybe sidechain the bassline to the kick?) Other that that, keep it up broski. peace!!

Hey man,
Saw ur comment on my track, thanks man.

Listened ur song like this afternoon and it sounded pretty cool!

Still listening to ur last track btw, keep it up!

dude this is fire i love the sample and the feeling of it, all the variations really ties it together and blends well
bassline is dope and the airy drums complement the vibe of sample nicely
mix is super clean and the rappers are on point.. this really reminds me of some cunninlynguists type shit like some other guy said

Bassline is groovy. The vocals sound pretty solid overall. I really like the drums on this. Did you lay a drum break loop down and then layer it??

The guitar sets a dope atmosphere. I like the panning you have in this track. Everything has its own space.

Dope. I wasn't so much feeling the first verse. The beat is hard though. Everything from when the guitar came in to the rest.
Shit sounds really nice bro. Very clean.

I really like the drums on this. Did you lay a drum break loop down and then layer it??

Thanks man, yeah it's just a one bar break. The weird background noise that adds a little ambience is part of the drum sample as well actually.

Really enjoyed the bassline, although I believe it could be turned town a bit (maybe sidechain the bassline to the kick?)

I appreciate the feed, I might mess with that a little more here before I put out the whole project as a unit. Thanks for the extra set of ears on the bass!

Dope man! Kinda took me back to ATCQ days. I think the overtones of the drums work, it gives the track an organic gritty feel. I mess with this! Bass is clean and sits nice.

Really like the beat, real clean and fresh. was mixed pretty well too, and the rapping is pretty nice. definitely liking it!

Back