[F4F] METRO BOOMIN TYPE BEAT. Ever Since by Mango

Dope beat, the drum sound selection could use a little work, like the snare sounds really thin and tinny, and the synth brass that comes in sounds a little too fake but overall dope track!

Well I actually like that track after 1.12. Synth brass was too loud for me. But overall nice one!

OUTLAW (prod. zonta) by zonta | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Thanks for listening. Yeah a few people said the brass was a bit loud. Gonna remaster/mix it today anyway.

I think your songs pretty cool. Although I think because its loud its hard to find the different elements in the song. They're not super separate.
Like the piano but I think the 808 could be more sliding and I think it's a bit too deep, I can hear the very low bass frequencies which is making it a bit fuzzy. Like the choir sound too. Did you make this off FL Studio? I think your mix could be a bit more stereo as well.

Either way though, good work. With a bit of tweaking this will bang.

Last edited:
The percussion could use some work. I would have made the snare much louder, thrown in some reverb, probably selected a different sample/built a different snare altogether. I would also throw some sort of high end kick to layer the one you have; it seems to only have low frequencies. The mood seems to change with each new synth/lead that comes in. The piano/guitar (can't tell what it is) seems to be from a poor plugin. Try throwing effects on it to make it sound better. The bassline is pretty solid. It's a unique track with a lot of changes throughout it. I personally find that it's a little too much. It's gives off a good vibe though and I wouldn't say it's bad at all. However, I would rethink the arrangement and try to focus on a few of the best melodies and play off of those in addition to the previous suggestions regarding the percussion and EQing. Keep at it, though. Music is individual, and keep trying to develop your own sound.

I'd appreciate any feedback you could leave here:
(F4F) Rap, Pop Piano Instrumental | "Never Forgotten"

The vibe is great. Real laid back but you need work on the mixing and mastering.

Check me out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...at-100-feed-return-sub4sub-543915/?highlight=
Thanks, yeah I'm still trying to work out mixing/mastering. Know the basics but mixing+mastering is still a WIP. Sent feedback in your thread btw. Good track.

The percussion could use some work. I would have made the snare much louder, thrown in some reverb, probably selected a different sample/built a different snare altogether. I would also throw some sort of high end kick to layer the one you have; it seems to only have low frequencies. The mood seems to change with each new synth/lead that comes in. The piano/guitar (can't tell what it is) seems to be from a poor plugin. Try throwing effects on it to make it sound better. The bassline is pretty solid. It's a unique track with a lot of changes throughout it. I personally find that it's a little too much. It's gives off a good vibe though and I wouldn't say it's bad at all. However, I would rethink the arrangement and try to focus on a few of the best melodies and play off of those in addition to the previous suggestions regarding the percussion and EQing. Keep at it, though. Music is individual, and keep trying to develop your own sound.

I'd appreciate any feedback you could leave here:
(F4F) Rap, Pop Piano Instrumental | "Never Forgotten"
The guitar I just made it extra bright. I'm usually not a fan of overly bright guitar sounds but I did it to try and make space in the mix. I'm still figuring out how to make the song clean as possible. Sometimes its fairly clean and sometimes its not. Think I probably use too many channels for certain songs which is what causes this.

Thanks for the advice though, will defo take this in consideration. I've only really been producing properly since like August so I'm starting to find a sound now but I'm seeing progress which is cool. I'll have a listen of your track in a bit.

Last edited:
Ok I like the idea you was going for the sounds used are nice but I can't lie the mix is very messy and muddy some instruments are lacking and some are overpowering and not leaving room for others to breathe. I say work on your mixing coz if this was mixed nicely this would be dope I can tell from the sounds used and how you structured it .

Check out my latest.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...o-x-weeknd-type-beat-f4f-544076/#post50082372
Thanks, yeah I figured that was the case, that's what most people have been saying about the track. I'm currently doing some extra mixing on the track, got a bit of advice from a few people on what's lacking in the mix which is good since I had no idea what was lacking which was kinda frustrating me but that's the way you learn I guess by making errors.

Will have a listen to your track in a bit. You usually have some hot joints here.

Last edited:
Back