F4F - Jay-Z reasonable doubt type beat

Klown

Hey, im back with another beat. I found this sample and thought it sounded really like something you would hear on Reasonable doubt, I added in a good drum beat and some scarface samples and I think I came out with a pretty good reasonable doubt sounding beat. Please let me know what you think of it. If you leave your beat below I will also give my feedback on it. Please like and subscribe if you liked the beat. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxisqHq99JM

Love the concept of this beat, although the intro is a tad bit long? I see where you were going with it though to build the mood and old feel of it, but that should only be intended for an actual album or release of the song. waiting for the beat to drop would kill the listeners. also the bass seems to get a little lost in the mix

Love the concept of this beat, although the intro is a tad bit long? I see where you were going with it though to build the mood and old feel of it, but that should only be intended for an actual album or release of the song. waiting for the beat to drop would kill the listeners. also the bass seems to get a little lost in the mix

The long intro was on purpose, it is a feature that is in a lot of songs on the Reasonable Doubt album, which was the vibe that I was going for.

This is pretty dope. I think you could use better matching drumsounds with the sample though.
and it would be dope if you added a reverb on the drums cause the sample sounds like it was recorded in a big place.

You captured the old school vibe really well it's definetly a 90's style beat. I agree with one of the above comments the beat is a little long but only because of the vocal sample you used in the beginning. Overall though it's a really solid beat that sounds well mixed.

Great work Klown, i really like Scarface, recognise it quickly. The drop is nice, sample is great. Kick&snare playing is simple but good, the way it should be. Perhaps the closed hi-hat could use some pattern variations? Just a tip. An open hi-hat at some parts could increase some damage too. Hope to help. Could you review this beat here i made?

Great work Klown, i really like Scarface, recognise it quickly. The drop is nice, sample is great. Kick&snare playing is simple but good, the way it should be. Perhaps the closed hi-hat could use some pattern variations? Just a tip. An open hi-hat at some parts could increase some damage too. Hope to help. Could you review this beat here i made?

Yeah ill check it out now, thanks for the feedback :)

Back