F4F - Hiphop/Reggae with trap influences Video

Tight drums and bass. Nice instruments and decent work with reverb. But chords in one bar(note 5-6) sound completely off. Separately from lead synth it is ok but when they play together it just makes my brain cringe. You can make them work together but something has to change either chords of rhodes or lead synth melody.

Lol I got to focused on the gameplay instead of the beat lol I had to replay and listen to the beat again I like the reggae elements to me the beat sounded more reggae than hip-hop/trap I think you mean trap because of the fast hi-hats but loads of genres are doing that now so. Imo the beats nice but the sounds sound too stock for me maybe adding some effects to add more character I would of like some warmer maybe even live instrumentation for the reggae elements to give it a more human feel if ya get what I mean.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] Playboi Carti x Pierre Bourne (Bouncy/Melodic) Type Beat [F4F]

Returning the feedback from the beat you reviewed called crown

At first listen I didn't like the melody but just like Caesar I got distracted by the gameplay so I went back and listened to it again and I actually ended up really liking the melody, I guess you could say it grew on me. The beat has a lot of transitions to keep it interesting, I honestly can't hear anyone recording on this but I would actually just listen to it as is. I don't really have any problems with the mix or anything like that. Only problem I had with the beat was the ending how it kinda just stopped, it could use a better outro. Thanks for reviewing my work and I hope that this was helpful in some way.

your drums are honestly good man, the percs you used are nice. Melody wise its a really interesting one for sure, i feel like i was getting quite different vibes from both of sounds you used which threw me off abit. This does have a slight jazzy feel as the synth feels like a horn instrument but id say try download some vsts and get a wider selection to choose from as it really helps. nice work though man keep it up

Back