[F4F] - Dropped a beat tape, would love constructive criticism!

Hello FP,

I've been working on a beat tape for the past few months and dropped it yesterday. There are five beats in total, and I would appreciate constructive criticism on any or all of the beats. What do you think of the project as a whole? How do the sounds compare to sounds you hear on mainstream radio? What could I do to improve? How can I take my next project to a higher level?

Please let me know what you think! I'd be extremely grateful. Also, feel free to drop links to your work in your replies so I can take a look!!!

Thanks,
thesoulcreates

A lot of the beats have frequency clashes in the low end, in general your drums are good but could use some parallel compression. Keep up the great work.

Overall I like the vibe of the beats, especially the phillip Banks one. Drums sound good, but I think there could be a little more synth work to a few. The mix came out clean tho. Good job man, keep grindin'

I think I might have to piggy back on what HBlunt was saying, the only issue for me is the mixes on the songs, frequency clashing and low ends get a little muddy. I like the ideas on all 5 though, I listened through each one start to finish. All in all it's a solid playbook though, mixing comes with time and practice so the only way to go is up up and up!

Hey there i hear few beats but i stops on "Blown Up My Phone" i could tell that i relly like that vibe, but there is some clash in low freq's where the stomp is hiting u could fix dat, anyway there is a lot good beat's. Keep it up, great work. Feed returned !

i really like the vibe from boy. i like dark, roomy shit. it feels just slightly empty, maybe boost some frequencies in the lower mid area, or add another instrument. there was a little bit of frequency clashing in the lower end but it was only at certain parts. decent composition, got kind of repetitive until about 2:30 ish when that bell kicked in. i feel like it needs more progression. i feel like this would be better as a beat to be rapped over instead of a standalone. keep at it though, i really like the style

Holy shit, that boy beat is fucking great! I would love to write a song using that beat if i'm allowed to.

Odd as I like it but yeah, as said before the mix could've been better. The beat structures are good. The sound selection is on point only the mix lets them to clash. Overall, it's a decent tape.

hey man! you seem to have put a lot of work on this tape! nice job! I ecpecially liked the third track! great atmosphere there although the kick could hit a bit harder! the stomp is a bit annoynig also! anyway keep it up!

Back