[F4F] Collab Trap Banger - Prince Jai & KLZ

klzbeats13

Reggaetonero
Hey guys, it's been a loooooooong time since I've last been on FP. I've just been so caught up with my studies that I actually had to stop working on music altogether in order to keep my grades up lol, but now that the summer is here I'm back for now!

Anyways, a friend and I got together and decided to try to make a nice banger trap beat for those Trap Heads out there. The mix is mostly dry, no compression or EQ work, and, as always, there's aliasing issues with SoundCloud's compression, so feel free to download it for a better feel. Any feedback would be awesome! Don't forget to add us on our links if you like what you hear!

Damnn this sounds like trap + reggaeton! I know a bunch of artists here in spain who'd jump on this. I dig the strings section a lot, flows really smoothly. The sounds on the second section are a bit dryer, but it might be a good contrast. The mix is dope and the sound selection as well. This could be a banger if someone can flow to it!

Great beat mate ! It's kinda too short I would like to hear more of it ;) Love the melody , it's really colorful and the percussions are perfectly add on it ! Good job !

Hey boss. I really dig the strings. How did you get them to sound so full? The beat was a bit too short for me to get into but I like the potential it offers. I think it's hype. Keep it up!!!

Damnn this sounds like trap + reggaeton! I know a bunch of artists here in spain who'd jump on this. I dig the strings section a lot, flows really smoothly. The sounds on the second section are a bit dryer, but it might be a good contrast. The mix is dope and the sound selection as well. This could be a banger if someone can flow to it!

Aaye do you really think so lol? That's kinda surprising to hear! I actually am a Reggaetón producer, but wanted to try to branch out into different genres like Hip-Hop, EDM, R&B, and Trap. Yea all of the sounds are stock, dry sounds, except for the synth square plucks in the first section, I did play around with a delay effect. On the next update I'll work on adding some effects and mixing to the other sounds. Thanks homie!

Great beat mate ! It's kinda too short I would like to hear more of it ;) Love the melody , it's really colorful and the percussions are perfectly add on it ! Good job !

Thanks homie! Yea this was just a teaser, I am going to work with my homie to finish it up later this week or so! Sounds like it's going to be a hit!

Hey boss. I really dig the strings. How did you get them to sound so full? The beat was a bit too short for me to get into but I like the potential it offers. I think it's hype. Keep it up!!!

Sup home boy. Thanks man! I did some compression with it and the reverb to give it a fuller sound. And I'm using Kontakt 5's violin plugin as the sample. Yea it's a teaser but the full track will be out soon!

@klzthe13th

I think you nailed the trap aesthetic but the bass doesn't feel as impactful as it could be. Throw some saturation/distortion and compress it and you got it. Only thing I don't like about it is that it sounds a little too happy. But it's not even that I don't like it it's just a personal preference thing. Damn that was too short man I was hoping to hear more. Keep up the good work my dude.

i feel the beat cuts off rather unexpectedly, it sounds like a snippet rather than a complete piece. i think the low end could be boosted very slightly but even without the mix sounds fine overall, reminiscent of early lil boosie beats with how clean stuff sounds. i think the open hats at the start could do with some work, they could be a lot brighter as they are currentlly a bit dull and lack impact. similar with the kick. the arrangement works well, would be interested to see progression from this start!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...instrumental-mixtape-f4f-521952/#post49991302

It stopped soon as I was getting into the groove lol I like the 2nd part when the beat change up. What would be interesting IMO is changing the kick or making it thump alittle harder once that 2nd part roll in. Nice joint, keep rockin'

yo bro sorry on the late feedback i wasnt gettin email notifications lol. this is tuff. i see u blending genres man. crazy, glad to see u back brotha

I'm liking the vibe from the beat man! You should turn the kick up more and maybe change/ play around with the synth sound when the beat drops.
Keep up the good work!

- DROG Music

@klzthe13th

I think you nailed the trap aesthetic but the bass doesn't feel as impactful as it could be. Throw some saturation/distortion and compress it and you got it. Only thing I don't like about it is that it sounds a little too happy. But it's not even that I don't like it it's just a personal preference thing. Damn that was too short man I was hoping to hear more. Keep up the good work my dude.

Hey homie! Yea I need to add some compression and EQ into the kick and 808. I just wanted to get the preview out there you know XD? I tried experimenting with some key changes, but I kept coming back to this, less gruesome and more clubby key because it made the track more unique. I'm sorry y'all lol I'll make my future previews longer XD

You already know homie, you've received my feedback on it. Lots of potential!

Aaaye glad to see you join the community homie! And gracias primo!

i feel the beat cuts off rather unexpectedly, it sounds like a snippet rather than a complete piece. i think the low end could be boosted very slightly but even without the mix sounds fine overall, reminiscent of early lil boosie beats with how clean stuff sounds. i think the open hats at the start could do with some work, they could be a lot brighter as they are currentlly a bit dull and lack impact. similar with the kick. the arrangement works well, would be interested to see progression from this start!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...instrumental-mixtape-f4f-521952/#post49991302

Yea it is a snippet lol again I apologize. Bass and kick needs work, got it ;D. Hmm, Lil Boosie? I should check him out. I agree with the high hats and sounds in general. None of them have had any EQ or compression work done on them; I focused on the composition of the track first lol.

It stopped soon as I was getting into the groove lol I like the 2nd part when the beat change up. What would be interesting IMO is changing the kick or making it thump alittle harder once that 2nd part roll in. Nice joint, keep rockin'

Again, my bad brotha. Wanted to get the track out and see how people are feelin about it, and so far I think most people are liking it! Thanks for the feedback!

Ey yo, I left you some feedback on your soundcloud!

Mind checking this out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiGRVvM0X-Y

I got your feedback homie, thanks! I also checked out your track and left some feed there. Really nice stuff!

yo bro sorry on the late feedback i wasnt gettin email notifications lol. this is tuff. i see u blending genres man. crazy, glad to see u back brotha

Haha it's all good my man, we all busy here. Tbh I didn't actually mean to blend the genres lol. I guess I've been doing Reggaetón for so long that I'm naturally going to include some of those influences when I make other genre tracks. It seems to be working by my benefit at least for now. And I'm glad to be back homie!

the sounds don't mesh in the mix but i like that. overall. very generic mix. sort of amateurish and cheesey. drums bang. work on your levels
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...om-bap-trap-dirty-south-etc/feed4feed-521823/

Yea I need to work on including some mixing techniques as I mentioned before. I just wanted to get this out there for some preliminary feedback lol. Cheesy? How so, just wondering?

I'm liking the vibe from the beat man! You should turn the kick up more and maybe change/ play around with the synth sound when the beat drops.
Keep up the good work!

- DROG Music

I agree with all of that cuz! Compression on the kicks and 808's is a priority now lol!

this was pretty dope, and for not having any compression or eq the mix is really clean, thats credit to great sound selection. we definitely need to hear the complete version!

this was pretty dope, and for not having any compression or eq the mix is really clean, thats credit to great sound selection. we definitely need to hear the complete version!

Thanks homie! I will get the final version out very soon! Def will work on some compression and eq as well as other effects to liven up the mix!!

Simple and catchy, classic dirty south vibe. As other fellows mentioned kick lacks thump and bass would get better with some sort of distortion and compression. Would like to hear the final version.

Back