[F4F] "Alternative" Trap

yngpak

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is doing alright and having a great time browsing these forums. So I've been making beats for a minute and I think it's time to hear some feedback from people and give back to producers that also needs that. :cool::cool: So yeah all my newest beats are uploaded to traktrain.com/domasmedonis also would be awesome if you know people who willing to buy these beats (They're really cheap :p ). Just give it a listen, leave a feedback and I will make sure I'll do the same! Drop your feedbacks and your threads in the comments.

Thanks my dudes...

Going to listen to 3 tracks and give you specific feedback.

I like the jazzy vibe to "sophisticated." Certainly nice piano work on it. However, the drum loop seems slightly out of place. I think if you created more unique variations of the drum loop and played around more with cutting the percussion in and out, it would improve the dichotomy.

"flex" - the intro piano is great. The snare is a touch too sharp for me, I would knock out a few of the high frequencies (low pass filter). Love the 808s, the hi-hats are also a touch too loud for me, turning them down would make the snare POP more, rather than having it kind of blend in. Adding a synth would be great, too. Just something to overlay the repeating piano melody. This is a fun, chill track though.

"last day" - again, the intro is pretty solid. Immediately, I notice the drums in this sound better than the previous tracks imo; there seems to be a better balance, maybe turn the kick up a touch though. Again, the melody is good, but repetitive. I know it comes with the genre, but even playing around with the master pitch/volume or manipulating the patterns to cut in and out more often at appropriate and unique times could add some needed variation. Would love to hear a vocalist on this though.

Overall, I tried to nitpick, because I figure you'd rather have that than have me say "they sound dope, good job." You clearly have skill at this and none of the three I listened to were bad in any sense. I make a different genre of music, but when I spend all day on this forum I get an idea of what works and what doesn't (plus production is still production regardless of genre). These are bangers, and with some slight modifications, a vocalist on these would make these fire. Keep honing your skills and practicing, but you could definitely be successful producing this genre. Good job.

If you could leave any feedback on mine, that would be great.
Do you like this beat? *Freshly dropped* Legit F4F

Thanks for the feedback on my track! Your track 'Sophisticated' has a nice vibe with the piano, although more variation in the drums and maybe additional instrumentation for parts of the track would definitely help. Very clean mix nevertheless. The percussion on 'Clouds' is definitely an improvement from 'Sophisticated' but the hi hats seem to be too loud in the mix, drowning out the shakers. 'Get that' is super dope with the vocal sample being layered over what sounds like a filtered piano sample. The chant could be lower in the mix however. All of your beats have a dope vibe so keep it up!

I listened to Flow. I think it is very nicely mixed. I like the sound of the bass and the snares come through nicely, although the melody was pretty simple and repeated a lot. The melody in Sophisticated is super dope though. I think I like that one the best. You definitely seem to have the mixing down for your tracks overall, but that one could maybe have a louder kick. Nice work.

Last edited:
I checked the most of your tracks on ur site. First thing I would say that u r really talented. Love the vibes from the tracks. Mixed very well and also it has clean drum sounds too. I think that only thing that bothers me is, drum sounds good, beat is decent (I think somebody def can flow on it), and melody is kool too but those elements are not really get along, like it didn't really stick together as a beat. So I would say maybe u should start from drums and then bass or melody that instrumental sounds can support the drum beat if u know what I mean. Well I enjoyed ur music.

F4F boombap beat "Royal"
Here's my link. Thanks!

Back