[F4F] Ab-Soul | Schoolboy Q type beat - Soaring

Kazebeat

Last edited:
First thing I noticed as soon as the beat started is its very muddy and most of the muddiness is coming from the bass theres also a few bad frequencies that can be surgical removed with EQ but other than that I think the dark ambient vibes are nice. Things I say that need to be tweaked is the mix removed any unwanted and bad frequencies to clean the mix, the kick can use more punch and maybe try sidechaining it to the bass and the tracks arrangement could use a lil tweaking.

Checkout my latest.
[F4F] Jealousy - Travis Scott x 21 Savage x A$AP Rocky Type Beat [F4F] (Dark)

Quality beat, my friend! I love most things about it, especially the bass and the guitars coming in after about 3 min. One thing I would like to point out that I think could be improved on is the sound of the hat, snares and the swoosh coming in at about 0:39: they all sound a bit distant, sort of like there's a filter on them or like they're in mono. I would for example like for the hats to be more present in the higher frequencies, if that makes sense.
Overall great beat though, keep it up!

I released a new beat recently and would love some feedback here
Peace

Yeah it's pretty Ab Souly. Bit like a beat from long term mentality with those bright reverse sounds.

A few suggestions from the song, i.e. what I would do.

Get the kick really knocking as already suggested with sidechaining(possibly bass boost the frequencies between 60-100hz/take out some of the higher mids) and sort out the EQing and the mud in the mix in general. I like your voice. Definitely would do well having a chopped and screwed voice on it. Think A$ap Rocky. If you changed the frequency of your voice and pitched it down an octave or so that would work. Add an old radio type filter on the beat as well of you or another vocal sample too.

Funnily enough, I like the drum choices, really fits the vibe.
F4F Nebula by Mango (Soundtrack beat)

Last edited:
I appreciate the comment about my voice. Chopping my own voice sample is something I definitely will play around with. Thanks for the inspiration.

I'll check out your link!

Thank you this is some useful feedback. I get what you're saying about the hats and I think the snare could have some more 'kick' in the beginning. Never really took a second look at the 'swoosh' you just mentioned after I threw some effects on it. I wanted this to be a bass heavy track so I tried tuning down on the drums in general.

I'll check your beat out

Thank you for pointing those out. Kicks are sidechained, just turned waaay down because they sounded overpowering on my monitors but that's an easy fix.

Will check your work out asap

i like the beat, its a solid beat, but i just don't feel a Q vibe here. im sure that's the least of your worries haha, i mean the mix is pretty solid, and the the melody is alright, so overall it's nice and enjoyable. the switches after 3:00 dont reall do much to reinvigorate it in my opinion, honestly i think the beat is tooo long for what it does, maybe a rapper on top would fix that. keep it up!

be honest with me here
dragon boy jig | huff n puff | F4F

I really like the bass/808 work in this. Cool sound. The drums are nice too. Not a huge fan of the upper melody sound you used, but no biggie. Still a solid beat overall.

Much appreciated ryu. I agree with Q not fitting well..it really doesn't fit any rapper imo, maybe ab-soul. I sort of threw Q in there because he's in TDE lol. I can definitely work on some more cuts and variation and overall progression on this. I just took off the random minute and a half solo at the end after reading your post so thank you! I'll check your beat out

@augustus Thank you good sir. I originally had a piano in place of what is now an omnisphere plug in for the upper melody you mentioned. Do you think a high end piano would do justice to this beat?

you need to check your 300-600hz range the mix is very muddy.the bass is very loud in the mix id turn it down about 2-3db or so. I dig the arrangement and the sounds used. Dou thinnk

Please check this out.
Lo-Fi Boom Bap(feed4feed)

Okay, good to know, and thanks. I've been tweaking the beat as I take people's suggestions. Originally, I uploaded the unmastered version by accident *facepalm*. Anyways, is it the bass that's causing most of the muddiness? my eq may run into that 300 Hz zone, I'll have to double check. Thanks for pointing that out again man.

@yungspazz my man, thank you. Of course I feed, I'll hit you with a follow back and check your post out now

cheers

Last edited:
Back