[F 4 Motherf**** F] Drake / Partynextdoor Type Beat [F4F]

blackroyalty

Been f***ing around with some 80s retrowave sounds lately and came up w/ this production.

Please comment and give honest, constructive feedbac, which is always welcome. :cool:

DROP YOUR LINKS below so I can give feedback.

Thanks,
Michael Joel

Last edited:
i had a teacher in high school who only played 80s music and this brings back so many memories from that class hahaha god damn. this is fucking sick, great work man. i think the singing doesn't sound so 80's, the singing along with that wavy pad you have remind me of drake from take care. the instrumental is sick af tho man. i was definitely not expecting the switch up into spanish too, represent for us hispanics haha you rican? mixing and mastering are on point too. good shit bro

i had a teacher in high school who only played 80s music and this brings back so many memories from that class hahaha god damn. this is fucking sick, great work man. i think the singing doesn't sound so 80's, the singing along with that wavy pad you have remind me of drake from take care. the instrumental is sick af tho man. i was definitely not expecting the switch up into spanish too, represent for us hispanics haha you rican? mixing and mastering are on point too. good shit bro
Yeah I was born and raised in Puerto Rico (West side of it). Still live there haha. And yeah, that's why I focused on "type beat" instead of advertising the actual song. The singing was more focused on the new hip pop wave.

yooooo this is soo doope! RAspect brethren this track is official! Got 2 love the 80's vibe haha, I had made a rough draft of a track awhile back with the same idea, but never finished it, this kinda make me want 2 finish it now lolll

**that's the track I was talking about loll

Last edited:
Completely agree with @FoulPlay. I feel like I should be playing GTA Vice City bumping the Wave cranking this shit. Great work brodie.

Wow, very nice beat bro and love how you include the culture aspect of it! I grew up very diverse in the bay area and my closest homie growing up is part Puerto Rican. I'ma show him this! Keep doing your thing!

Damn this sounds hella good. I love that main melody. The drums hit really well. The mix sounds super crisp and well done. When that snap comes in, it really brings the song together imo.

Low key this song is super well made. It's super groovy at some parts (especially with the toms). The low-pass filter is effective at some points too. I liked the hi-hats and the way they don't carry on throughout the entire bar; I'm a fan of how it stops for certain parts.

Can't really think of anything I would recommend to change, it sounds super crisp. Great work bro!

Think it's a nice track, like how the snare and kick hits, snap match's well with the quiet part. Voice sounds well treated and i like how everything sound together. Quite relaxing, makes wanna hear it fully. Closed hi-hat fits well too, and mixing looks balanced to me. thanks for the feed

Man, thanks for the honest feedback on my track, for real. This track is so smooth the mix I'd like to hear more of the highs in track, that's really all i can say. This is a legitimate track i love the verb/delay elements and that low pass keep it up man!

Back