East Coast Hip Hop Nas Type Beat. Feedback for Feedback 100% Guarantee

J-Hershey

New track. Came with more of a traditional 16 bar/chorus beat. Please leave me some feedback and as always it will be returned.

I dig this man. Maybe tighten up the kick in the verses and layer a funky bass line and this is fire. Great track.

What a beat! Great sense of space. Nice track.
Don't even want to criticize. Just noticed high synth snare is quite strong.

Good work on the sample, first of all. I don't know how I feel about the snare, I might like to hear a different one that's a little more in your face for this. More snappy. Kick is nice on this though. Also, the hats don't really work for me. Ok, when things opened up over half way through and the snare and hats really took center stage, that was dope. Wish it was like that throughout, more often. Overall, this has real potential, just those few changes to my ears, at least. Not super high passed, like they are at the end. Just normal, lol.

Check me out, if you get a chance: 'Friday'

Love the main keys you have going on thru the whole beat, especially when they go LoFi and transition back again. Great sound choices overall. I say side chain that kick make it hit just a tad harder. I love the overall transitions and style you put into this beat man. it wasn't repetitive at all. I really enjoyed listening to this from start to finish. Mixing was great. Great work and keep it up!

Yeah.. I'm digging the vibe on this for sure.. Very smooth.. I love the keys, the filter work you do with them to add variation.. I really like the drum arrangement.. I think it all fits really well except the snares I feel are a little out of place.. it feels like (at least to me) that the main snare is in a space all of it's own.. like it is pulled out and away from the beat somehow.. hard to explain.. (maybe it's the stereo effect?) And the secondary snare you bring in at parts feels kind of hollow.. But otherwise.

Actually.. just now giving this a second listen.. And the snare sounds fine now.. Perhaps I was just focusing on it.. But overall I really liked this beat.. especially when the Strings/bass comes in.. and throughout.

Thanks for the feedback on my track.. I appreciate it. Love the vibe here.. keep banging bro.

this is extremely dope i love the drums especially the snare. I could hear J Cole, Joey Bad, Kendrick on this. Its versatile in that one could rap or sing on this. The only thing id say is remove the tag every so many bars I know people steal beats but those who will cop it will cop it. I wanna vibe to this without the tag haha. We should collab return the feed what does this beat need F4F

This is very nice man.
Is that sample ? Either way its nice
Very nice drums !
Great mix i can hear everything clear
Great work overall

thanks for the feed man, I upload every week check out my beat "Dear Angel" @ VinsaneBeats

Last edited:
Yes yes great work here.. But the drums could be eq'ed differently. If you open up the snare a bit more you could emphasize on the snap/pop of it, which will really flow well with the piano which sits pretty high also. I think the fact that the piano is in such a high range and the drums are eq'ed so mid-low it could kind of throw a listener off. Regardless keep it up my dude.. and try to fuck around with basslines. (If you haven't before)

Solid work fam! I like the sample work and the drum programming. That piano melody it sounds really nice. I would only add some pitched female vocals as a texture to fill up the space but beside that I wouldn't change nothing. Keep up with the good work!

I dig the melody sample a lot it's got a great vibe to it. The drums sound great I'm just not a fan of the snare you used but that's just me. I can picture J.cole or somebody similiar putting in work on this track

i fuck with this. the piano is super nice (sample?) drums are solid. I could hear Joey Badass really going in on this. Could use a bassline potentially. Overall i like it tho.

This is so soothing and relaxing nice work buddy the only thing I'm unsure about is the snare you chose, the one you brought in for a little bit half way thru the beat for like 4 bars seems to be more fitting than the one playing throughout. Just my opinion tho, I would've chosen a snare that smacks more and isn't so hollow.

Whu-oh yah! I like the instruments and the ambience. I like the 8th note step in the 3rd bar and the chords. I like the low pass on the high frequency instruments during the verse moments. I dunno if that is a sample or what, but its great! I want my instruments to sound this clear too. Pass me the recipe, please.

A little variation to keep the interest could be a consideration, though I do like the drum kit switches that occur. If someone's on this then it's just right though IMO. I think the main drums used can be be widened and given more space in the stereo spectrum. But I like it, yes I do. It gets right to the point and lets you know its time to rhyme or sing or whatever you're gonna do like right now!!

Great track overall!!

Thanks for the feedback!

- Piano chords are nice
- The drums need to hit harder in my opinion
- One way to do that is just to turn up the kick and the snare
- Another is to layer the kick with one more kick and make it knock extra hard
- The little change up with the drums is a cool feature
- I would like to see more of a bigger change between verse/chorus -- cant really tell when the chorus hits!

Really chill vibes that I love hearing - the hi-hats are really great tho the drums do sound muddy (I am talking about the percussion with an almost "wooden sound"). Overall, nice job!

feedback on this please No More Hiding

Last edited:
Back