DYLAN - Casper (Old school boom bap)

This is really nice, nice sampling work and keep up what you're doing you're good at it.
Also, if you like piano samples like that please check out Bill Evans hes an incredible piano player & composer from the 50s-70s & beyond I believe.
Hey thanks man, I'll definitely check out Bill Evans, I've heard of him a few times but never had the chance to check out his music, if I flip one of his tracks I'll make sure to let you know!
Your track is really dope too, your flow is nice and you're very poetic, which is something that a lot of rap is missing today so good work and keep it up!

Those drums at the beginning threw me off, I thought they were going to have that quality throughout the whole thing haha. But it's a great way to beginning a track. The drum sequence through me off a bit at first, but I got accustomed to it. The Chet sample was used very well, and I especially like the piano roll. Good job my man!

Those drums at the beginning threw me off, I thought they were going to have that quality throughout the whole thing haha. But it's a great way to beginning a track. The drum sequence through me off a bit at first, but I got accustomed to it. The Chet sample was used very well, and I especially like the piano roll. Good job my man!
haha yea man, now that I think about it, it probably of been best to leave the drums out of it for the intro. Thanks for the feedback though, it's appreciated!

Yea bro this is nice I like the swing on it and the sampling is dope. I was flying when the horn dropped. No real criticism from me dope work.

- Cool chop
- Drums need to stand out more -- i would turn them up and turn down the sample a little more

I wish i had more to say but i feel the beat just needs a better mix on the drums so it doesnt get cluttered up by the sample and so that it knocks!

Please return the favour:

"Millions" (Trap Beat) (ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!)

Thanks!

Oh shit this one grooves nicely! Choppin up jazz like you did takes a lot of skill! Believe me Ive tried. Not the biggest fan of the drums... I feel like a little more subtlety could help the track. Love how you cooked up that Chet Baker though. Nice work my man!

Oh shit this one grooves nicely! Choppin up jazz like you did takes a lot of skill! Believe me Ive tried. Not the biggest fan of the drums... I feel like a little more subtlety could help the track. Love how you cooked up that Chet Baker though. Nice work my man!
Thank you! I will take what you said about the drums into consideration when I'm sampling some more jazz haha

Trippy Vibe !
Liked the Sax sessions and the keys !
Smooth feeling over the track !
The only think in my opinion i would liked better , is some more bumping drums !
Stay Creative yo !
:)

I can rock with it. This sounds like it should be playing during an Adult Swim commercial. The keys and sax fits that environment perfectly.
This track has a real open feel to it, without sounding too sparse. It doesn't hurt to have good sample material to work with either lol.

My only criticism comes with the drums. Not neccesarily the sounds, just the sequencing. It's pretty linear throughout the track, so it may lose some listener's attentions.

Other than that, this is good work.

I can rock with it. This sounds like it should be playing during an Adult Swim commercial. The keys and sax fits that environment perfectly.
This track has a real open feel to it, without sounding too sparse. It doesn't hurt to have good sample material to work with either lol.

My only criticism comes with the drums. Not neccesarily the sounds, just the sequencing. It's pretty linear throughout the track, so it may lose some listener's attentions.

Other than that, this is good work.
Yea I've had a few comments similar to yours about the drums, I will definitely take your feedback into consideration, thanks!

Really awesome chops mate,work of art,very creative,really nice ambience and piano melodies,the only thing that needs to be fixed,are the drums which need to come more to the forefront,any way it's an incredible chill boom-bap beat,Keep it up!

I dont sample anymore, but from my knowledge this is nice. Could use a really good mix, and some drum switch ups/change ups. Chop seem nice as well. Nice laid back jazz track.

Props.

THAT SAMPLE! The drums fit good and I ike the boom bap vibe. Drum selection is good too tho but could stand out more especially your snare. Good work!

Back