Dreamy Hip Hop Beat

Rogey

Dreamy Hip Hop Beat [F4F]

Thoughts?

Will do feedback for feedback or whatever ;)

EDIT: ADDED REVERB TO SAMPLE AS PEOPLE SUGGESTED BELOW, SOUNDS MUCH BETTER, THANK YOU BOYS!
Heres with the added reverb,

Here's what it was before without the reverb,

Last edited:
Feelin it! I think a bit of reverb on the sample at 0:26 would make it feel a tad wider.
Overall tight mix got yourself a sub here!

I first thought it was going to be repetitive but then the sample kicked in and I was vibin to it, as mentioned above a tiny bit of reverb would make it sound even better. The 808's sound amazing to me and the hi hats are on point too. Great vibe !

https://soundcloud.com/desmedtt/hotline-fling-prod-by-gotham

Hey I really appreciate it, added reverb just like you said and it sounds a lot better IMO! (I posted the version with reverb at the top of the thread!)

Feelin it! I think a bit of reverb on the sample at 0:26 would make it feel a tad wider.
Overall tight mix got yourself a sub here!

Thanks! Added reverb check it out now!

Last edited:
Hey I really appreciate it, added reverb just like you said and it sounds a lot better IMO! (I posted the version with reverb at the top of the thread!)

Thanks! Added reverb check it out now!

Good job man, now the sample sounds kind of haunted that's what I like ! Really cool how you directly respond to the feedbakc you receive too, real professionalism right there !

That sample isn't covering the whole frequency range which is mids and highs, it feels empty. The clap is super generic, pick something more unique next time, man. The drums go way too quiet too. The vocal samples are off beat and sounds out of place, like they're not needed to be there at all. I'm thinking that you're just starting out this producing stuff so I'm not sugarcoating my feedback to help you, don't think that I'm a hater or whatever. Peace and keep up the grind.

I dig the drum beat the kicks are nice.. the eastern style signing sample is cool and blends well.. the guitar sort of sounds a bit too midi for me.. I like when the drums stopped and the sample carried on.. it gave the beat depth.. keep it up I would say maybe work on the intro! Give it somewhat of a more textured intro as the first thing I hear is midi guitar .. Keep up the good stuff! RTF PEACE!! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...th-etc/yourself-outss-ft-chloe-opondo-533590/

I really like the harp sound! the melody is really creative, I like that the drum rhythm is very simple but of good quality which makes the whole beat sound fantastic!

This is dope fam. I like the sample and drums! I feel like a pad or strings would be dope when the beat only drops with the harp/guitar. Keep at it!

I was vibin throughout the track man. I agree with everyone else, but the reverb really did a lot for the beat. I actually learn a bit from that after listening to the before and after...I also liked a lot of your transitions and drops. Dope stuff all around man. Keep it up!

When you get a chance check out my latest tracks
https://soundcloud.com/j-sul/sets/feels

Back