Drake type beat | feedback will be returned

I really don't know what to do. I'm serious, I took other Drake type beats and a few Drake songs as example and this is how it should sound. Other producers didn't even switch up the drums and people called their beats fire. Interesting why I always get this feedback. Anyway, thank you guys. I will return the feedback asap.

drum work is good man, you definitely need more melody variation or layering. what you got here is good just needs more of a switch up somewhere with a breakdown or something but thats just my opinion. any feedback is appreciated on this. *F4F* Bighead & TM88 inspired beat

I definitely see what you were trying to go for. Possibly focus on the finer details with your mixing. Otherwise keep puttin in the grind bro! I just dropped a new instrumental, leave a like and comment if you fuck with it.

- Lucciago

Drum pattern is nice drums could hit a lil harder though, I wouldn't call this a Drake type beat not really his style also the beat needs more variation its really repetitive and because the melody/sound used isn't that interesting it makes the listener lose focus on the beat quickly. Try play around with more interesting sounds/drums add effects to them to make them sound nicer delays, reverbs, saturation etc and the mix was very centred some sounds need to be panned to created a wider mix and to let other instruments shine in the mix.

Check out my track.
[F4F] Post Malone x Russ x QUIÑ x Tinashe Type Beat "DREAMER"

I really don't know what to do. I'm serious, I took other Drake type beats and a few Drake songs as example and this is how it should sound. Other producers didn't even switch up the drums and people called their beats fire. Interesting why I always get this feedback. Anyway, thank you guys. I will return the feedback asap.
A lot of things come into play to make a beat sound good sound/drum selection, effects used on the instruments, the chords and melodies used and most importantly the mixing and mastering. From what I've heard on your track not being rude the sounds used are bland and lack character, the melodies are simple and not very interesting they lack bounce and vibe that make listeners feel emotion when they listen and the mix could be better its not proper bad it could be a lil better wth a few tweaks. If your trying to make a Drake type beat depends on what type of Drake beat because I know he has his smooth R&B stuff then his uptempo afro/Caribbean/uk vibe beats then typical rap beats you need to see what his producers do, if you listen to his beats he has a lot of lo-fi drums and atmospherics synths sounds with some nice sub/moog basses I saw listen to his albums and listen just for the beats and see what type of sounds/instruments are used and what effects you can hear on them.

+Good Start, the mixing is really good, the melody isn't bad , it could use reverb IMO, and to make it more interesting, gate it at 18/th during some patterns, then a reverse counter melody would kick azz, gate that once every 2 repetitons, then swap backto main melody... That's what i would do. But the production is Good, Keep it up!

If you want to Rate my WIP, i got this one i need feedback on, i also am stuck with some repetitions, and i know it's off tempo, i hard quantized and i'm having a problem making the MIDI sequence fit the beat on the second melody, it's still WIP, is the concept good?:

Last edited:
Back