Donta Black got barz?! Critic Mix Please -- F4F 100%

Donta Black

Whats good FP fam,

I've just started tracking vocals, after a few years hiatus & strictly producing and sharpening my engineering skills.

I've recently have had my room acoustically treated and said, "what the heck, why not by a mic and track myself".

So i've record myself, as I also rap and have been fighting hard to blend the vocals in the instrumental as much as possible. I won't say much more, as I have do a lot of processing in terms of mixing and then doing some lite (homebrew) mastering.

If any of you have any spare time and dont mind taking a listen, id appreciate it.

Thanks in advance! 1

AT2020 - RME UCX - PRO TOOLS 9

https://soundcloud.com/dontablack330/donta-black-lvl-up-test-8/s-yzKcQ

i think this is dope fam.. the vocals are clearly mixed and sits on top of the beat.. and you def got bars and a dope flow.. keep it up fam #Bassgodd

Damn sick flow and lyrics, I fuck with it and as others said the mixing is very well done, keep up the work!

yo... I don't know if you produced this but if you did... FUCKING SNAPPED.. the final fantasy sample omg...

mix sounds good... rapping isn't bad, def keep it up.. you'll be a beast

yo... I don't know if you produced this but if you did... FUCKING SNAPPED.. the final fantasy sample omg...

mix sounds good... rapping isn't bad, def keep it up.. you'll be a beast

Unfortunately, I didn't produce this fire ass beat, but ass a FF fan this shit resonated to me! Lol

Thanks

Preciate it, yawh I been tweaking it up, preparing for the release product! The criticism is always appreciated!

got flows! nice beat too, dope synth! like your arrangement, nice variations! mix sounds clean, i would probably place the drums more in front and give them some more punch, but overall very cool! keep it up

thank you for your feedback!

Flow is dope. I think the voice is sitting above the beat a beat. I feel like the drums need to bang more on the beat. The vibe is dope tho.

Pretty nice bars man! especially for your first time. You've got a lot of confidence in your voice. You mixing and mastering is also really good, sounds pretty close to professional quality. Get to work on an EP man! Followed you on soundcloud to show some love. Mind checking out my newest track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOGRXphuR9c

Back