DJ Mustard type beat // B**** like Gomez // F.4.F

French Player

Hi everybody. Here is a new beat. A DJ mustard type beat. This is my first try in this style. :D

Don't forget to post your link for the feedback. ;)

This is dope man u got a good sense of melody here...the melodies are catchy and they make sense. I think that section that comes in about half way thru where it totally changes up could actually be a completely separate beat...I know u have that Dj mustard bass in there but I would still try to layer an 808 in on top of that kick I think the track is a lil light in the sub bass territory...I think u can make it work by cutting the bass at like 80-90hz....great job bro I dig it...oh and that beat title is hilarious lol

Last edited:
This is dope man u got a good sense of melody here...the melodies are catchy and they make sense. I think that section that comes in about half way thru where it totally changes up could actually be a completely separate beat...I know u have that Dj mustard bass in there but I would still try to layer an 808 in on top of that kick I think the track is a lil light in the sub bass territory...I think u can make it work by cutting the bass at like 80-90hz....great job bro I dig it...oh and that beat title is hilarious lol

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah, someone told me the same thing about the 808s on another website. You're probably right. ;)

I have a tough time getting down to tracks with the "hey" thing on the off-beats... Regardless, this is actually super dope. The drums are tight and crispy and the rhythm keeps it interesting. The synth bass is solid as well. I don't think I'll ever love the "heys" but that's just the old fogey in me speaking. Dope work!

Here's a link if you want to return the favor, thanks!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...h-etc/f4f-totally-different-my-normal-508830/

- Hot melodies man -- once the bassline dropped it sounds crazy
- It definitely inspired by Mustard without sounding like an EXACT copy
- A poster up there said it sounds empty at parts but i dont agree -- its perfect for an artist
- For the main clap i would use an actual 808 clap -- i think it'll sound better

Overall i really like it man. Gangster as hell

Please return the favour:

Mickey Blue - "Soulja" (Produced by Benstar) ... ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!

Thanks!

- Hot melodies man -- once the bassline dropped it sounds crazy
- It definitely inspired by Mustard without sounding like an EXACT copy
- A poster up there said it sounds empty at parts but i dont agree -- its perfect for an artist
- For the main clap i would use an actual 808 clap -- i think it'll sound better

Overall i really like it man. Gangster as hell

Please return the favour:

Mickey Blue - "Soulja" (Produced by Benstar) ... ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!

Thanks!

Appreciate it! ;)

Diggin the vibe man! like the chords too. It feels empty but it probably just needs a rapper. I've been cutting back on filling my tracks up as well b/c rappers nowadays don't like tracks with too much goin on. Solid track tho homie!

Nice job for your first Dj Mustard type beat. I will say, that Mustard's beats do have a more uptempo groove to them (as does the majority of that new west coast style). A quick easy tip to get it bouncing a little more... have your snare/clap/whatever hit at the 2 and 4th beats on the measure. Unfortunately for DJ mustard and a lot of popular west coast now a days, you gotta dumb down your drums and melodies a little bit. They leave the beats very open for the vocal to sit easily in the mix. You got a lot of the right elements, just study some of DJ mustard's work, and you'll get it down soon enough. None of it is very complex lol.

Sounds nice, not quite DJ Mustard style, but that's why I like it. You still did your own thing on this. Pretty decent work!

Back