Deff the Kidd - Too Much (Produced by The Archangels)

wildinout8

New track from DMV heavyweight Deff the Kidd I produced called Too Much.

Let me know the good, the bad and the ugly and I will always reply back as well as re-follow follows 100%.

Oh wow, this is dope! I had a little eargasm at 0:34 when the heavier synths dropped. Clean mix, very clean. And the beat has a lot of different sections on it (which i like alot).

wow, i honestly like this a lot. 5/5

Thanks for the feed!

- I feel the drums of the beat coudl stand out more -- i feel it doesnt have enough "pop" in it
- Mix of the vocals is OK -- i feel when the beat gets busy, the vocals get drowned out
- I like the east coast feel to the beat
- I would EQ up some of the high end on the overall track -- it feels like it could use some high-end sprinkling

I think it's a pretty great rough mix, with a few small areas to fix. The lead vocal cuts the mix pretty well. You could probably open up a little more space if you toss an EQ on your instrumental/beat sum, and dip it around 2k. Some of the doubles and ad libs (i.e. the down pitched vocals) are for the most part, lost in the mix. Maybe tweak with the leveling and or eq. Also, the mix as a whole is pretty dark. I would brighten up that synth going on in the back, get it sparkle a little more. The track as a whole is nice, i like the kid spittin on it. he reminds me of a blend of talib kwali and this dude j stalin from the bay. keep it up and keep grinding!

I dig this, something is not sitting right in the mix, maybe the vocals need to be turned up a bit. Great work, I appreciate the feedback left on my track by the way.

I like the little elements you put throughout the beat. Nice selection of instruments. I would like that the kick is a bit harder, and the snare is a bit louder then the other elements, I would personally turn the snare down a bit. I like that breakdown part of the beat, it's a nice touch. The beat has a lot of movement, and I like that. Piano part is great. overall really solid track, good job man.

i like it i do think there is a lot going on though but when the heavy like melodic synth comes up it elevates the shit to hotness man haha keep that up dude!

I'll take a look at the mixing because I def agree there is a lot going on and sometimes sounds get lost. I'll also look into the drums.

this pretty cool man. sounds a bit dated (like something that would of dropped in early 2000s) in my personal opinion which is okay if thats the sound you are going for. id just point out like everyone else says. The mix gets a bit crowded when all the instruments come together.

this pretty cool man. sounds a bit dated (like something that would of dropped in early 2000s) in my personal opinion which is okay if thats the sound you are going for. id just point out like everyone else says. The mix gets a bit crowded when all the instruments come together.

I appreciate the feedback!

this is good for what it is, drums and harmonies sound dope as does your flow but it lacks that originality or that element to just stand out to me.

this is good for what it is, drums and harmonies sound dope as does your flow but it lacks that originality or that element to just stand out to me.

That's a really interesting point and I appreciate it - any idea what you have in mind that it's missing?

Back