De La Soul/Dilla Inspired Boom Bap Beat Feedback for Feedback 100% Guarantee

I really like the vibes of this thing.. especially how you let it ride out around :30 and :44 and :50.. I would have liked to hear more of this I think, or for it to be a bit more forefront one time or so.. But great touch! I like the levels of the drums but maybe you could raise the other parts up a bit instead? Or compress the track a bit to make it more even?

But overall I really liked the vibe of this one, J Dilla R.I.P. - his style is a great one to vibe to... kind of reminds me of his "Life" track.

Thanks for sharing it..

*EDIT* Actually, just thought of this, referencing your tracks is good idea. You might be able to use this track as a reference to get the levels of your drums and samples just right-

J Dilla's Life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agl1TgVfls0

Last edited:
nice rhodessound, i like this smooth flavor. This snare is for my opinion a little bit to heavy, but the rest is a cool beat, good job man

I really like the vibes I get from this track. I could picture some space lyrics on this fr fr. The snare hits a little bit too hard for my taste but def gives it a Boom Bap feel. Overall a really good track. Appreciate your feedback on my beat bro!

I dig it bro, the sample is a little bit murky for my taste, maybe its just personal preference but I think it would sound even better if you EQed up the high end on it a little!

Back