Dark trap f4f as always!!!

KVLTVRED

Back with yet another dark/trap/rap/whatever you want to classify it as.

Check it out, drop your links.
Detailed criticism welcome, compliments welcome whatever you feel after listening; just tell me.

Ill do the same.

Def needs work on the mix. Try using the least amount of reverb possible without losing the effect. It sounds like your instruments are overpowering your drums, which isn't something that's desired in urban music since the drums are extremely important. Also, try spacing out your instruments by using different octaves and panning, they seem to all be taking up the same frequency bands. Another thing you can do with instruments is route them all to one mixer track so you can easily adjust the volume of all of them once you have the faders set at a reasonable place for each one. I do the same for my drums too.

This shit is creepy as **** though, you got that part right haha. Keep it up.
You can leave feed here https://soundcloud.com/justbeyondbeats/diamonds

Thanks man, I've come to the realisation that I am, a reverb whore... :/ I just think without it, my stuff ends up sounding very, unfinished...

Edit: now that I listened to my track once more, away from my monitors the whole mix sounds off.. **** .

Anyhow, I'm on listening to your track now.
Talk about creepy, fetty waps creepy unpatched pirate eye just staring me in the eye. Lol. I can dig your track, solid melody. Nice drums. Mix is nice and clear.

Last edited:
I have somewhat of an updated mix of this track. I may have tweaked it since, I was up at 4 am fiddling with this so I may have not uploaded the last tweaks

I really like this. Resample this down and it would sound like some 90s Memphis shit. A+

Thanks guys, I really like the idea of resapmling it to give it an even darker, throwed type feel. I'm getting discouraged with the mix though, I've tried a lot of things this far and can't quite get it just right.

yo this is definitely dope. I was in the same boat you were in a few months ago with the mixing. it takes a lot of time, practice and some research to develop those skills so just stay at it. your hi hats and snare patterns were on point though. I think you'd like my stuff if this is what you like to make. check me out https://soundcloud.com/tytraxcs/36-thriller

we should collab one day maybe
hit me on twitter @tytraxcs

Sounds f*cking dope,for real,I think you pretty much got the vibe and the skills,but the mix needs to get balanced,and take out some reverb but hey,let me give you an idea (my personal opinion):Take out some reverb,but work it out as a lo-fi mix (minor clipping,muddiness,vinyl crackles,tons of bass,wear,a good plugin is Izotope's Vinyl and plus it's free),and keep trap vibe along with some good black metal/dark ambient ruggedness.As it is,I don't imagine a trap rapper,but instead I could hear some unsetting grunts and screams running along the beat,great work,Keep it up!

yo this is definitely dope. I was in the same boat you were in a few months ago with the mixing. it takes a lot of time, practice and some research to develop those skills so just stay at it. your hi hats and snare patterns were on point though. I think you'd like my stuff if this is what you like to make. check me out https://soundcloud.com/tytraxcs/36-thriller

we should collab one day maybe
hit me on twitter @tytraxcs

Yo this is dope, solid melodies. Love the darkness. Thanks for the advice as well. I'm completely down to collab! I don't have a twitter account, you can can hit me on IG @kvltvred_productions or I'll pm you my email

Thanks, it's growing on me. I think if I can find the space to tighten up some things that's are being lost in the mix the big atmosphere of it could work.

yo fam, this is really unique. The whole vibe of the track just puts me in another place that is hard to replicate with a lot of beats.
You can definitely market this joint to a specific type of artist, just stay on your grind man. Mix sounds on point, however, I'm not on my headphones, so I can't leave detailed comments.

hit you with that comment // like on soundcloud as well.

check me out: Mick Jenkins x Kirk Knight x Isaiah Rashad Type Beat - F4F

Back with yet another dark/trap/rap/whatever you want to classify it as.

Check it out, drop your links.
Detailed criticism welcome, compliments welcome whatever you feel after listening; just tell me.

Ill do the same.

The composition and arrangement are both pretty cool. I feel where you're trying to get to with the mix. The dark ambient sound is super cool, just needs some work in the stereo-imaging department and making sure everything fits into it's own space in the mix via EQ's. Another cool tip that I'd utilize is adding dynamic automation and give the record more "life" by elements changing in volume. With these dark records, adding a sense of intensity could help set it over the top. Try gain-staging your instruments and whatnot before you mix, and bring everything to a decent level below digital 0 (I normally my kick [that's normally what I like to jump out at people by preference] to around -6dB) to give yourself room in the mix to work.

I love those type of really dark beats ! But i think that you have to work more on the mix , and the volume of the whole beat is always the same, you have to change it sometimes . But the beat is dope , i would like to see Travis Scott or Future on it ! ( sorry for my english i'm french )
Check my last beat on youtube : /watch?v=rwJlaQ_VMLU and give me your feedback on the video if you can and like and subscribe if you want ;)

You know, this is real original. I gotta say I ****s with this. Yeah, mix could use work, but most trap joints arent mixed that well lol. Not that its a deal-breaker or anything. But yeah I'd turn down that high pitched string a bit, and let those drums punch through hard. And turn that snare up a lil bit. But yeah Good track, real original. You could check out my music in my website link or youtube link. Peace!

Back