Dark Piano Trap Style Beat | Out in the Open

I love the dark melody. I've been messing around with this type of trap a lot myself lately. My note would be that I think the 808s could be turned up significantly and perhaps if you add some distortion it will give them more power and add to the atmosphere as well. Since it's overall a rather minimal beat, I think the 808s can be the focal point. Here's my latest beat with a similar spooky style. Let me know what you think! 21 Savage Type Beat | "Devilish" (Prod. by luke4pres) by luke4pres | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I fuck with the vibe of this one, but i thought the piano melody could've been mixed better. It was too loud imo and it seemed a little dry. Maybe it could've been a bit more varied as well. To me it seems with some edits you could have a real banger here bro

check out my Nas remix when you have time, player's in the sig, would appreciate any feedback!

I agree with luke4pres. Sounds are there but production is lacking, you've overcompressed the sub and it sucks the energy out of the rest - try to compare the eq of your favorite beats and look on the analyzer how much sub is there - some people don't recommend the techniqe as you can end up using eyes instead of ears but if you're careful it can be a great help. I think that's the main issue, if you want to make the bass loud saturate it, sub itself will never be loud it's the higher freqs. Hope that helps.

Mycelial Cords - Close With You | Future x Drake Type Beat

thanks to all the feedback, really appreciate it. i think i need to stop being too excited releasing beats, and really focus on some fundamentals like what you have mentioned. thanks!

I can agree with Mycelial_Cords, as the sub is way too loud and drains the energy out of the beat. Along with that, it sounded like a lot of low end was getting muffled due to the lower frequencies of the piano clashing with the sub. The main thing I'd say to do it just practice with EQ and learn what to cut and when to cut certain frequencies.

test

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QJt-UP9kT2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back