Dark Piano Beat(Feedback in 24 hrs or less)

Hey,

Just finished a new beat and looking for some honest feedback.

Tell me one thing you liked about this beat and one thing you didn't like or felt needed improvement and why.

And drop a link so I can give some feedback, peace:

Nice instrumental this has potential to be super dope but the mix lets it down, what I like about the beat is the sounds, melodies & chords what I think needs work is the mix especially the low end the kick is super weak that needs a boost and needs to punch through the mix also the piano sounds a lil thin and too clean I think some analog warmth would help the piano and the overall drums could use a boost.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] Playboi Carti x Famous Dex x Yung Bans x StoopidXool Type Beat (UPDATED) [F4F]

Returning feedback here. Thanks for the comments. I like the buildup of the beat and the overall atmosphere of your setting. I think that kicks def need to be more present to give it the extra boom. Maybe put some more attack on the kicks, or side chain compress them. Really dope melodies here tho. A gritty east coast feel.

I honestly think you can do different chord progression variations or even copying the midi info to another midi instrument track and just stacking the same progression to make sound bigger, I think it would make a worlds of a difference. I agree with J the kick drum is pretty non existent. For these type of beats I kinda expected for their to be a kick drum that kinda cuts through the entire mix. Keep at it yo!

Check me out when you get the chance!

Lofi hip hop - Inspired by Full Metal Alchemist brotherhood - F4F

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Y'all picked on some stuff that I didn't even notice.

I took your advice and re-mixed the track. Here's the new version. As usual drop links and I'll feed you back.

Ayyy this shit goes. It has a mid-2000s feel to me, in a good way. Melody and sound selection is nice, really cool horn section in there. Drum programming is cool, like the layout of the kick. Mixing is clean.

This shit is hard, I have 2 critiques, one is probably just a personal preference. 1, the hats sound a little stiff. It's not noticable unless you're really trying to pick everything apart. I might recommend messing with the velocities a little bit on each hit, give it more of a groove. If you did this already, my bad, listening on my phone. 2, I'd prefer a thicker snare on a beat like this, though the one you chose does work!

Good work!

Back